Texture issues in NZ after migration

pmb

Hi,

after flying in NCA without any noticeable issues a few days after migration now, I turned to NZ. Here's a shot:

north_of_nzaa.jpg

This is north of NZAA, I know the area quite well from frequent flying before migration, and there's definitely something out of control. I made a flight from NZAA to Auckland City and back and all the way are textures either slow loading or flickering or morping or frequently changing, mostly in squares.

I migrated quite early and was in hope I wouldn't face issues, but obviouosly was wrong. I think others reported issues in NZ as well.

Two of the NZ directories have .migrated-files, the other two don't. FTC Central doesn't have a switch anymore I did not yet rebuild scenery indices, as I am afraid to worsen the state.

Kind regards, Michael

Unfortunately, I am still lost. I applied

NZNI_NZSI_bug_LC_fix.ZIP    as well as 

orbx_unified_lclookup_nzni_nzpp_fix.ZIP

plus deleted all Shaders and Scenery indices. Despite,the territory around NZAA is still broken on my system (P3D3.3), the same way it was yesterday.

You never can exclude I made a mistake, but I double-checked all new fies files are in their places.

Kind regards, MIchael

Issues on my system seem to be more severe than I thought initially. I just tried EGLL (UK2000). The airport is ok. but as soon as I leave the boundary towards London it's a total mess, even worse than Auckland.

On the other hand, America seems to be fine so far, I tried some places in Norway and Sweden which were okay, too. So it's more or less hit and miss. I migrated very early before server issues manifested, however were biten by those back-conversion and re-conversion updates later.

Kind regards, Michael

I'm starting to get the feeling that "a few people in thousands have post migration problems", is probably going to turn out to be more or less everyone has post migration problems of some discription...they just don't know it yet because the simulated world is a big place to check over, or they don't yet own scenery (or combinations thereof) that is broken/will break.

I dare say some parts of non-ORBX 3rd party scenery might initially be rendered incompatible. I guess that's reasonable and to be expected in such a potentially complex infrastructure, but it appears that we are also seeing some blue on blue action here.
I hope this doesn't end up as a long grind of tedious bug reporting and bitty fixes.
I'm waiting for a few hard facts to be published demonstrating a growing understanding of the issues at hand. At that point I'll start to feel more reassured that this will all be sorted out fully and in a reasonable timeframe.

I agree David and mentioned this in a post I raised previously. My migration seemed OK but it will require flying all over the world to find anomalies and report them. I think it best to see whether the Central fix that is being worked on will indeed fix things. Peoples reported affected areas/locations vary so much with some having problems others don't have etc.

I am going to check out pmb's areas of concern now and will report back to see if i have the problem too.

No problem regarding texture foul up at Auckland heading towards the city. Both fixes have been applied, first one late last week the new one this morning. No problem at EGLL either Michael with UK2000 heading towards London city.

41 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

No problem regarding texture foul up at Auckland heading towards the city. Both fixes have been applied, first one late last week the new one this morning. No problem at EGLL either Michael with UK2000 heading towards London city.

Thanks Jay, for checking, I am waiting for hints how to proceed now.

Dave, I am afraid there's indeed a huge dark number not (yet) reporting or finding issues. I am not a software engineer, but wouldn't have such an intricate process required a log file to be written do be sent for diagnoases in case of failure, besides the possibility of a roll-back?

Kind regards, Michael

While I didn't have success with the two NZ patches re my texture issues north of NZAA initially, I can report a first success. I just opened FTX Central 2 once and let it doing its magic. In addition, I did non start Prepar3d using SimStarter, as I usually do, but just by calling the exe. I made a short flight from NZAA around the Auckland area, and as far as I can judge all seems to be fine now. Maybe this might help others.

Kind regards, Michael

Archived