R00209 - Missing Lake UGTB

Hi,

Near the Georgian capital Tbilisi is a big water reservoir, called the Tbilisi Sea. Approaching on runway 13R of UGTB (or taking off from 31L) this is quite a remarkable feature. Unfortunately only in the real world, in my FTX Vector environment this big body of water is missing completely. 

Any chance this can be added in a future update? Otherwise I have to learn how to add a watermask...

TbilisiSea.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2016 at 5:41 PM, officercrockey said:

Hi,

Near the Georgian capital Tbilisi is a big water reservoir, called the Tbilisi Sea. Approaching on runway 13R of UGTB (or taking off from 31L) this is quite a remarkable feature. Unfortunately only in the real world, in my FTX Vector environment this big body of water is missing completely. 

Any chance this can be added in a future update? Otherwise I have to learn how to add a watermask...

TbilisiSea.jpg

Hi

Tbilisi airport is UGGG and not UGTB and these photos confirm that the lake is indeed in the flight path.

2016-07-011.jpg
2016-07-012.jpg

I found this quote on the net which might explain the problem with the icao code in FSX/P3D

UGGG vs. UGTB: The ICAO code UGGG from Soviet times was changed to UGTB in 2006

Kind regards

Ian

That's funny; because I just went there in P3D, and it's not there.  I'm running P3D 3.5 with everything OrbX. To simplify, for that area -Pilots mesh 2010, OrbX Global, and Vector. (I don't think EU landclass extends that far east.) UGTB used to be UGGG, FSX and P3D haven't caught up with the name change, according to my research.

Sue

Just tried FSX, not there either.

2016-7-1_1-23-50-637.jpg

10 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

That's funny; because I just went there in P3D, and it's not there.  I'm running P3D 3.5 with everything OrbX. To simplify, for that area -Pilots mesh 2010, OrbX Global, and Vector. (I don't think EU landclass extends that far east.) UGTB used to be UGGG, FSX and P3D haven't caught up with the name change, according to my research.

Sue

Just tried FSX, not there either.

2016-7-1_1-23-50-637.jpg

Hi Sue

I do not have P3D installed with Global, Vector and openLC EU at the moment so I cannot verify your problem. The photos that I have showing above are from FTX-SE with Global, Vector and openLC EU installed and are of UGGG Lochini Airport in the city of TBilisi.

Kind regards

Ian

Maybe it is related to AEC somehow? I indeed have a scenery installed for that airport and so I turned off AEC for UGGG (nowadays UGTB). Tomorrow I will check what happens if I deactivate that scenery. Although I don't think it interferes with that lake... 

• 1 month later...

Hello Officercrockey,

Thank you Nick and others who contributed, I am Bush walking in Katoomba and will test this out when back in civilisation Monday, I will run tests in P3d and Fsx although Se is not installed. Thanks again gents.

Archived