From ESOK to ENNO ad dusk

Jorge Bach

Very nice ....  and a lovely way to see different parts of the world that I will never have a chance to visit.  The haunting textures and look of the sun and moon both descending on the same side of the earth ... at the same time is a nice visual.  I see you have both ASN and REX ...  would I be correct if I assumed that the textures come from REX and you use ASN for your weather engine?   Or are the textures here in this video from ASN?  And .... the important part .... how well do you like them?   I like how the sun shadows play across the dash as you descend .... I will have to try that, it looks pretty cool. Thanks for sharing ... not only did I enjoy it, but I learned something. 

Looks like a nice evening flight!

I noticed you bust the minimum altitude across the crossing car road though, so you'd probably get some shouting from the tower if they're still here ;)

AIP:

" When landing on RWY 12, the crossing road in front of THR shall be passed at 70 FT AGL or higher due to road traffic."

Hope you enjoy the scenery! :)

Regards, 

Finn

18 hours ago, jlindblo said:

Very nice ....  and a lovely way to see different parts of the world that I will never have a chance to visit.  The haunting textures and look of the sun and moon both descending on the same side of the earth ... at the same time is a nice visual.  I see you have both ASN and REX ...  would I be correct if I assumed that the textures come from REX and you use ASN for your weather engine?   Or are the textures here in this video from ASN?  And .... the important part .... how well do you like them?   I like how the sun shadows play across the dash as you descend .... I will have to try that, it looks pretty cool. Thanks for sharing ... not only did I enjoy it, but I learned something. 

As you thought I use REX+Soft Clouds for the textures & ASN for the weather. They work nice together and I like so much the result.

The dusk & dawn at high latitude is impressive. Thus, I like so much to fly on Norway.

Kind regards,

Jorge.

16 hours ago, Finni Hansen said:

Looks like a nice evening flight!

I noticed you bust the minimum altitude across the crossing car road though, so you'd probably get some shouting from the tower if they're still here ;)

AIP:

" When landing on RWY 12, the crossing road in front of THR shall be passed at 70 FT AGL or higher due to road traffic."

Hope you enjoy the scenery! :)

Regards, 

Finn

Hi Finn, I enjoy so much the scenery. At what time the hangar doors closed ? It is a nice detail. I know I'm passing the road too low, as you can see, the approach is quite forced and I need to kill speed... Dont worry, the tower was sleeping ;-)

Congrats for the scenery & Kind regards,

Jorge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived