Portland-Question

hello,

just made a trip to KPDX, with the wonderful KPDX-cityscape and PNW loaded. In a distance I saw some peaks in the landscape. Are they there in reality too or do I have to make some adjustments in my sim? I use P3Dv3.2 and mesh is setting to 5 meters.

thanks Kai

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Hello, Kai.  I don't believe those "peaks" should be there.  But why they are there, I have no idea.  Sometimes it's a mesh problem, but here I don't know.  Also, the terrain display below the aircraft there, along the river bank, really doesn't look right.  I can take a look later today and check, since I'm due to fly out of Portland on my way to Eugene this afternoon Pacific time.  In the meantime, perhaps somebody else can chime in and help you out.

Hi, I have seen such peaks too near Portland and also further north near West Wind airport. I suspect that they only go away when you lower the quality parameters of the simulator. I looked into the mesh problem, but it seems rather a problem of the computer being a bit overloaded with tasks. When you fly near the peaks they will tend to disappear. I haven't been back though in P3D v3.3 yet but I used to see it in P3D v3.2.

Here is my view of approximately the same area.  Off in the distance there are no spikes.  Aside from the difference in water color, pretty much everything is about the same, but I do notice your shot does not have certain landmarks and buildings that my shot includes.  Of course, this is no doubt due to the difference of our autogen density settings.

2016-6-12_16-42-49-505.jpg

If you have SEATTLE-TACOMA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT KSEA (TAXI2GATE) installed: That's the culprit! You have to deactivate that scenery.

I sent a E-Mail to Taxigate some months ago but didn't get an answer.

Hans

7 hours ago, hansmathys said:

If you have SEATTLE-TACOMA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT KSEA (TAXI2GATE) installed: That's the culprit! You have to deactivate that scenery.

I sent a E-Mail to Taxigate some months ago but didn't get an answer.

Hans

In this regard, there is an entry in the Compatibility forum that outlines the steps to take to make T2G's KSEA compatible with Orbx PNW and also KPDX (I think...).  Here it is.  This should clear up your problems, I should think.

Archived