Elevation issue KBHB

rogera

After issues with FTX Central going unified and then back to un-unified, I opened FTX Central 2 yesterday evening and received 2 updates. I now seem to have a Unified FTX Central 2. I Just tried a flight, from KBHB, a recent purchase and found the aircraft way above the runway. I ran the Vector config tool but that made no difference! So I tried the manual config and found that KBHB doesn't exist in Enabled or Disabled.

Should I try reinstalling KBHB, or Libraries, or Vector. I am doing nothing until I hear from you as I don't want to compound the problem.

Roger.

Hello Roger,

For no issues with height it is necessary that the installation has taken place as planned. In any case, when installing KBHB, the installer places these three files in ".OFF" as you can see from the figure below.

RogerKBHB1.jpg

Make sure the above mentioned files are ".OFF". If they are not, put ".OFF" and them and see how that is the scenery.

Cheers,

Voyager

I have both the .bgl and the .bgl.off files in my ORBX folder. Thanks for both your inputs but I guess I should wait for an official update before I fubar several thousand dollars of ORBX scenery.

As I wrote here and in your other topic on the same subject, go to ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery

and either delete the KBHB .bgl files or rename them all to .OFF.

Naturally, we can only offer advice, it is entirely up to you whether or not to accept it.

Ok Nick,

I deleted the non-OFF entries and the issue persists. The start point on the runway at KBHB is several hundred metres above the runway. I will wait for an official update as this situation is unacceptable.  

Hi Roger,

Sounds like there may be some other conflict. Could you post a screenshot so I could get a clearer picture of what's going?

In addition, could you run a search of "KBHB" in your sim directory and screenshot the results?

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks Alex for coming to this issue. I decided to run the Vector config tool after removing the suggested .bgl files and all is well now. There have been so many changes recently that people like me with limited computer skills are nervous to make changes off their own bat, but in this case it worked.

Roger.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

An interesting solution, given that there is no airport correction for KBHB in FTX Vector.

Yes I had already noticed that Nick. However I must have engaged the correct Unicorn procedure and mumbled the right chant whilst running the Vector config tool.

Thanks guys.  Got rid of the files you said to, ran the FTX config tool and it is perfect.  clear, crisp and beautiful KBHB!!!  Thanks for this airport, keep them coming for the east coast.

Greg

Archived