Unalaska PADU Dutch Harbor

Despite trying every option available like deactivating/activating PADU in AEC, deactivating/activating Global Ultra mesh, it appears that Vector enabled results in Dutch Harbor being seriously effected. For a default scenery (as i believe it was not part of OLC Can/Alaska ?) it is full of detail regarding the fishing fleets and autogen. However with Vector enabled the result is a collection of fishing vessels being a hundred feet in the air about 500 yards inland.

I could provide a picture but will let those interested try a flight at PADU and then fly around the location and see what results they get.

Is there anyway this can be rectified. I guess is it a similar problem to that which appeared in Alaska where there were boats and cranes ditched on land, but resolved by buying FTX Southern Alaska where they were then correctly positioned on the shore line.

Hi JJC, I was not aware of this location but I've just been there and am seeing exactly what you describe. I have Vector and FSGU installed and active, along with OLC Canada/Alaska and all the NA regions. I've found Vector to be a bit of a mixed bag, personally - some weird and not very pleasant road effects cropping up in various scenarios. I have grabbed some before/after shots with Vector on/off but the Oz Images site is having a hissy fit at the moment and not letting me upload files. I'll try and post them later

Yes I too wanted to post pics but server problems seem to be the latest craze! I agree regarding Vector, it can actually spoil more Global things than make them look better. I only have Shorelines and Power lines enabled. Cannot stand big grey lines running through buildings suppose to representing roads. This is not a Vector problem outright as has been explained previously, but adding more grey lines by enabling Roads in vector only enhances the problem IMHO. Oh , and the support is negligible at best !!!

I'm experiencing the same problems with Vector and PADU.   Would really like to see this problem corrected, or (high hopes) this location given the superb NA Freeware Airports treatment.   With the recent release of Kodiak PADQ in the freeware packs, PADU would appear to represent a nice flight between these two great locations.

The problem is that the FSX developers were able to place the airport and surrounding

features into their flawed location.

Though the effect of Vector may not be perfect, it is very good at correcting shorelines and this can indeed

play havoc with default airports designed to fit default shorelines.

I don't see the elevated boats but the runway overhangs the water and the jetties and boats are nowhere near

the new shoreline.

I think the only solution is to rework the airport and surrounding scenery objects.

Archived