"Error Switching Region"

psykie

Hello

After I downloaded the recent Orbx Library and went through the migration process I opened my FTX Central and I get a red error message that states:  "Error Switching Region"  There was an error switching your region.   Access to the path 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight SimulatorX\Orbx\Scripts\Backup\restore.bat' is denied. ".

What do I need to do to remedy this?  Please Help!  Thank You!

Matthew

Hey JJJackson

I jsut read that thread and it looks like htere was never a fix for the problem.  At the ned you have the same error message with no remedy.

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Your issue is a little different from Jack's. Yours can be resolved (at least temporarily), by running ORBX\Scripts\Backup\restore.bat manually then deleting the contents of ORBX\Scripts\Backup.

We're still looking for a permanent solution to this (do a search for "restore.bat" in the forums and you'll see a few similar topics).

Hello Ben

Thank you for responding.  Without sounding like an 'idiot', how do I "Run" ORBX\Scripts\Backup\restore.bat"  Manually.  Not sure how to do that or exactly what that means. 

Matthew

Hello Stewart and Ben

Thank you Stewart.  I understood your directions.  Guess what?  I looked and looked but I DONT have a 'restore.bat' in my back up folder.

Matthew

4 minutes ago, psykie said:

Hello Stewart and Ben

Thank you Stewart.  I understood your directions.  Guess what?  I looked and looked but I DONT have a 'restore.bat' in my back up folder.

Matthew

Uh-oh.  Then Ben will have to help you.  I have no idea why the restore.bat wouldn't be there.

Archived