Lclookup

GrayRider

I opened up my FTX Central this morning. I do not see the green bar across the top of Central, letting me know there is an update?. I'm sure it must be the update to get the lclookup. My check for product updates and FTX Central updates are ticked etc.

So my question is how do I get the Lclookup so I can run the migration program for my FTX Central?. In the meantime. I did download the latest library 160528 and it's ready to install.

Thanks for any instructions, as to what to do etc.

GrayRider   

OK. I'll give it a go.

I'll run the latest ORBX library 160528 I downloaded, and then open FTX Central. I'm not sure what I should or will see when I open Central after the install of the library?.

GrayRider

When I mentioned earlier today I opened my FTX Central and didn't see the green bar, letting me know, there was an update. Since I had the newest library ready for install on my desk top.

I didn't add the library from my desk top. I had to shut my computer down for a bit. Anyway. When I came back I opened my FTX Central and the green bar was there. I went ahead and started/added the new library. My central was still open at this point. When the library finished installing. Nothing has happened yet knowing my central is still open at this point.

What should I do next. Close Central and re-open it to do the rest of the Lclookup process, if I'm prompted to do so?. Or should I close my central and start my FSX to do the data build of the new library etc?.

I'm not sure what to do next??. I don't have a Start Migration process yet at this point etc?.

GrayRider

While I was waiting for a reply. I started my FSX sim and let the data build the new library 160528. After that I closed my FSX. I than opened my FTX central and the migration tool was there to start the process.

Based on Ed's screenshots from the release announcement about the new library. The migration did what it was supposed to without issues, all the way thru until the migration completed and applied the orbx regions and syncing update data. I than rebooted my computer and opened my FTX Central. Central looks kind of like it was. All the regions are still there. I see no region is selected, and notice the apply function is no longer there.

I'm adding a screenshot as to what my Central looks like now. It didn't change much?. So. I don't know why my regions are still there?. Again the migrating process did what it was supposed to.

GrayRider

screenshot3917.jpg

Just saw at the screenshot from Grayrider above at the upper part a picture behind KBHB Bar Harbor. In my FTX central-window there is black background only. It doesn't matter of course but with the old FTXC  I had this picture too. Is there any button to configure this?

Kai

6 minutes ago, KaiUweWeiss said:

Just saw at the screenshot from Gryrider above at the upper part a picture behind KBHB Bar Harbor. In my FTX central-window there is black background only. It doesn't matter of course but with the old FTXC  I had this picture too. Is there any button to configure this?

Kai

Same here...just a black square, no background picture any more?

Cheers,

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:28 AM, Nick Cooper said:

There is nothing wrong to see in your screen shot.

It doesn't remove the regions it removes the need

to activate them.

Nick.

I assume what your saying is. The Lclookup migration process I performed, did what it was supposed to, and the screenshot I added confirms what I should be seeing when I open my central etc?. There seemed to be questions about the KBHB Bar Harbor in the upper left corner of my screenshot. If it should be there, than I'll leave it there?. As new releases come out. Will the KBHB Bar Harbor that's there now in my screenshot change to a new release as in the past?.

In the end. I hope this migration process didn't mess up my fsx library insertion points etc.

THX

GrayRider   

Your migration looks fine.  What Nick was saying is that there is no longer the "Activate" button on the FTX Central 2 screen to activate a region.  You don't need to do that anymore...no need to switch between regions anymore using that button, so it's gone.  The region list itself will still be there.  That is how you can select a region to see the list of ORBX products in it on the right side (ones you have installed and ones you don't have installed yet), and use the individual product's configuration tools and read the user's manuals for them.

Archived