How do I revert to earlier OrbxLibs/FTX Central

jalbrech

I updated the FTX Central 2 and did the unified lookup of Orbxlibs update.  It seems to have messed up all my textures (water on mountains, farm fields on mountainsides, road segments in fields, etc.  When flying on a bit south of Salt lake City, UT, only very blurry textures and nothing else.  

I tried several things like reinstalling ORBXBase, disabling UTX USA and UTX TAC (I plan to use these until OpenLC USA/MEx is done.

I'd like to revert to an earlier ORBXLIBS and FTX Central 2 so I'm back where I was before I did this install.  I can't seem to find an uninstall for the ORBXLIBS I installed.  Any thoughts?  I'd just like to revert for a while until others look into this.

Jay A.

Please don't post product serial numbers

I also have problems with the new FTX Central 2. I have lost sound with all aircraft, and I cannot revert back. I have a German FSX and I have 2 folders now, one is named

SOUND

the other

SOUNDS

Is this correct?

Also there is no possibility to switch to FSX default.

Thanks for any suggestion,

Fritz

1 hour ago, jalbrech said:

If anyone from ORBX is around...

Is there any way to back up to the earlier FTX Central and go back to pre unified lclookup until problems are resolved?

Thanks,

Jay A.

I did this with my backup-program. You will have to delete the ORBX folder and copy back the old folder. If you do not have one than it seems to be difficult.

Fritz

1 hour ago, jalbrech said:

If anyone from ORBX is around...

Is there any way to back up to the earlier FTX Central and go back to pre unified lclookup until problems are resolved?

Thanks,

Jay A.

I did this with my backup-program. You will have to delete the ORBX folder and copy back the old folder. If you do not have one than it seems to be difficult.

Fritz

21 minutes ago, Penzoil3 said:

System Restore- go to a copy made before the library install.

That's what I did to start with and that fixed the problem.

I then installed the latest libs again and all  is good.

cheers

Gumby

Hi all,

Unfortunately, short of doing a reinstall of your Orbx products, there's no way to roll back your scenery. However, in another thread I posted a hotfix for NZ that may fix some issues.

@jalbrech, would you be able to paste in the contents of your "Installed Products Report"? You can find this under settings -> tools in FTX Central.

@FriLa, I don't believe your issue is related to the new version of FTX Central. FTXC doesn't modify any aircraft related files at all.

Hi Ben

Here it is:

GLOBAL
FTX Global Base Pack FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.40 September 2015
FTX Global openLC Europe FTX openLC Europe Version 1.20 - September 2015
FTX Global openLC NA Alaska/Canada FTX openLC North America Alaska/Canada Version 1.00 - August 2015
FTX Global Vector FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.35 November 2015

REGION
Australia FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.003 - NOVEMBER 2013
Central Rockies FTX NA CRM Central Rocky Mountains V1.00 Patch 005 November 2015
New Zealand North Island FTX NZ NZNI New Zealand North Island V1.1 PATCH 001 September 2014
New Zealand South Island FTX NZ NZSI New Zealand South Island V1.3 PATCH 003 July 2014
Northern California FTX NA NCA Northern California V1.20 Patch 002 November 2015
Northern Rockies FTX NA NRM Northern Rocky Mountains V1 PATCH 005 December 2015
Pacific Fjords FTX NA PFJ Pacific Fjords V1.1 Patch 004 April 2014
Pacific Northwest FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014
Southern Alaska FTX NA SAK Southern Alaska and YT/BC V1 Patch 005 December 2015
Southern California FTX NA SCA Southern California V1.00 December 2015

AIRPORT
LIDA FTX EU LIDA ASIAGO AIRPORT VERSION 1.10 MARCH 2016

OTHER
Europe Freeware Packs FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACKS 1 to 8 - March 2015
FTX Trees HD FTX TREES HD VERSION 1.00 APRIL 2015
North America Freeware Packs FTX Global Freeware Airports North & South America - June 2016
Orbx Libraries FTX AA ORBX Libraries Version 160528 28th May 2016

UNCATEGORISED
FTX_OLC_AA FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_EU1 FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_NA1 FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

Thanks for looking into the problem!

Jay A

Hi Ben,

I forgot to mention, that while I may have unknown problems in my ORBX regions - I also have problems outside of them.  At the beginning of the thread, notice my mention of the Provo Utah area This is south of the CRM region - and I did not test that area (though others have reported problems there).  It may be due to me having ORBX base installed and some how those textures are not being addressed properly anymore.  Also, I have not tested the Australia problems or other areas people are mention.  

If you were to go back to a plain vanilla setup and do the migration process - while exporting the command prompt screens out to files as a log, you'd find that there area several files that appear to have errors on the migration process.  These errors are specifically file not found errors.  My guess (I'm not a software engineer) is that the program has some errors in it refers to the wrong files for the setup I (and many others have).  I had less errors on South Alaska and PNW than I had on the AU and NZ regions (it appears you have possibly found that problem). 

Jay

Archived