Lost FTX Central2 After a Pilot's Install

After a catastrophic HDD failure I installed a new SSD, forcing a re-download of all my ORBX DL's. Things were going swimmingly. I saved the Pilots FS Global 2010 FTX for last. After I installed it and re-booted I lost my shortcut to FTX Central. Went to C:\users\my name\app data\local\ORBX\FTXCentral. FTX Central.exe is non-viable there, also. Tried ftxcentral2_setup.exe. Get an error message like ...Access to path C:users\myname\AppData\Local\ORBV\FTXCentral2_setup.exe.....pending overwrite denied.

I have Global Base140, Global Vector 135. The latest from the FSS. Could I have missed a non-cumulative download or something? All I did was re-downloaded all my former orders. Any help would be appreciated.

jsapair

No Stewart, after a Lib install and a reboot the situation remains the same. FTX Central remains unavailable. I'm thinking of a re-install of Global...that's where Central comes from, right? Funny thing is I had it b4 I installed the Pilots program.

May I ask, Why is "Update" so difficult to find from the fullterrain.com home page??  There is no way that I can see to find updates from that home page--there are no links anywhere that I can see.  For such an important piece of software as FTX Central, it shouldn't be a pina to find an update for the thing.

Hi Gentlemen,

While I don't have any issues with FTXCv2, I wonder why some users are seeing it disappear, so I downloaded the ftxcentral2_setup.exe from Maurizio's link above and note that my antivirus (NIS2016) immediately removes the file from the folder, I then choose to restore it from quarantine and place an exclude from future scan on the file. I wonder if the file/installation routine for FTXCentralv2 might be being mis-identified by AV upon installation.

I wonder if those whose FTXCentral has gone AWOL have checked their AV quarantine to see if FTXC or part thereof has been removed to the quarantine area.

Thanks guys. Maurizio's link got mine back, too, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go away again. Good thought on the AV, Jeff, but I run Malwarebytes Premium and there is nothing in quarantine. I dunno. Stashed the setup file in a safe place just in case.

Hi jsapair,

The error message you were receiving (something about "pending overwrite"), means that you were running the FTX Central installer when FTX Central was already installed. But I'm glad to see you got everything working in the end :) 

5 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

May I ask, Why is "Update" so difficult to find from the fullterrain.com home page??  There is no way that I can see to find updates from that home page--there are no links anywhere that I can see.  For such an important piece of software as FTX Central, it shouldn't be a pina to find an update for the thing.

Hi Stewart,

All of our updates are available on the support page of the website (including the FTX Central installer that is bundled with the Orbx Libraries).

Product updates will be overhauled in the next few months anyway, so this shouldn't be a problem for too much longer.

11 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Stewart,

All of our updates are available on the support page of the website (including the FTX Central installer that is bundled with the Orbx Libraries).

Product updates will be overhauled in the next few months anyway, so this shouldn't be a problem for too much longer.

Hi, Ben.  Obviously you are correct.  But my question had to do with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a link on the support page that will direct the user to "Updates".  I tried for the better part of 1/2 hour, but could not direct the browser to the update page, even though I know it exists somewhere.  Granted, there are updates for all the scenery and airport packages, which one can find by accessing those packages, but not FTX Central, at least not that I could find.

Archived