FSX Scenery Detail

geeson618

I am still quite new to this so please bear with me. I have FSX and the ORBX England scenery with the Shoreham Airport.  While it is a great improvement on the FSX scenery it is still nothing compared to what i see on the site.  I do have a good spec pc with the settings set as high as i can

Can someone please advise me on this please.  I hope this is the right ok place to raise this in the forum.

I Now know what is happening. I reloaded the programme. But when it got to loading the FTX central it hangs. In other words it never loaded. I didnt realise the significance of this at Christmas time 2015 when it was purchased for me. I just said it looks great dear. But it actually never loaded. This is why i couldnt get the results i should have done and why i cant find the FTX Central. It simply isnt there to do its work or to be found. 

So now what can I do.  Any suggestions please. It would be nice to see it work really.

Thanks

Hi

I have just done this and still get the message FTX configurator has encountered a problem and will now close taking with it the chance to load the FTX central

This is happening on 2 pcs. It just wont let me have the key to the front door. But on 2 pcs as well.

What can i do

This sounds like either a .NET issue or an administrator rights issue, or a combination of both.  I recommend disabling UAC personally and then you never have to worry about it, but that may not be the best idea if you don't understand the risks and consequences that come with that.

geeson618, what happens if you run FTX Central 2 as an administrator (i.e. right click, run as administrator) ?

-stefan

As far as I am aware, Windows XP doesn't support the Microsoft .net framework 4 at all

and you may not have it fully installed under Windows 7.

Without the .net framework, up to and including version 4, FTX Central will not work.

Well I think thats the core of the problem. I just didnt know.  There are some very odd looking sites that offer it for windows XP but ill run as i am as they all run embroidery, printing and engraving machines as well as me playing Biggles. Ill just admit defeat.

So what machies are you all running to get this working then. Ill just buy a dedicated little boys toy machine rather than mess about with what runs ok for what they are raelly for. 

Thanks for all your help. I doubt you have heard the last of me as i will buy a machine dedicated to this. I want the Occulus as ive got loads of the a2a war bird machines.  But thanks everyone for your help.

If anyone can advise me on a PC spec that will run these, i take it its probably windows 10.  I s that right?

Yeah, XP was launched way back in 2001 and was end of life'd in 2014, so it's not super surprising it won't work.  Not much to be done about that.  Speaking of which, how did you even get XP installed on a high-end machine, unless it's an older high end machine?

If your XP machine is nicer than your Windows 7 machine, you may want to consider upgrading that.

-stefan

I have spent ages trying to get this .netframwork v 1-4 downloaded.

Ive got 1 and 4 but 2 and 3.5 insist that i have not iether turned on or off my windows features. They are all turned on. There are no plus signs and all the boxes are ticked but it still will not load. So i have to give up as the FTX central will still not load. There is nothing more i can do with what ive got although it really should have worked. 

What do you have to have to just load these files up and have them work. Ive never heard of this netframework, and is it a standard feature of pcs now?. I must be out of touch. Ive never had such a struggle and lost.

Hi

Thanks Nick. I am having trouble with the instalation as it keeps telling me my windows features must be turned on or off. They are all turned on. But it still gives me the same message and terminates the instalation. I have gone through it again and again. Still to the same end. 

I gave up for the sake of sanity. What i want to know is how ORBX  can be downloaded and just used without the messing about. I have turned all of these features on. I have gone through them all time and time again and still it stops the instalation. How do you just not have this headache.

I don't think any of us had this headache.  I certainly never have - things have always worked fine for me.  It doesn't really help you much to know this, I suppose, but at least you'll understand it's now how it's designed to be :\ 

You still haven't answered if you're trying this on the XP machine.  If you are, don't - it won't work.  If you're doing it on the Windows 7 machine and having these issues, it honestly sounds like there is something extremely wrong with your Windows install.  I've never seen anything about windows features when installing .NET.

Question - did you follow any of the FSX guides that have you disable a bunch of services on startup or otherwise?  A number of those are outright destructive and you could be seeing the repercussions of that if you did.

I'm still confident we can get this working for you, but it's looking distressingly like it may need a Windows reinstall.  Let's hope we can avoid that :) 

-stefan

Hi

Well thanks again for all the help. I cant afford to have this reinstalled as the rest of it is fine but i spoke to my friend who owns the local PC shop. He said just buy a dedicated pc for this if you want it as a hobby. I dont mind that at all really. 

No, its not the XP machines i am doing battle with. I accept them for what they are from a gaming point of view. I still like some of the golden oldies. Its a windows 7 duel core with plenty of oomph. But it aint working for me.

But this is a new thing really. Ill just get a new pc. I want the occulus rift for it all as well. I just purchased that T6 Harvard from A2A. I can still enjoy them on the fsx platform with the VFR photographic scenery. Its fine for now, but ii will give up with this pc. Ill accept it for what it is, order a chinese, watch a film and play with my new toy, and not  bang my head any more as its got me nowhere,  The new pc will be here soon.

Cheers

Steve

• 4 months later...

Here I am again. Ran FTX central 2 and it tells me no simulations found.

This is a windows 7 with all the required .net updates required and all system requirements met.

So it then runes the ORBX registry fix tool and it tells me it cant find

FSX

prepare3d v1-v3

I then tell it where the FSX files are. and it still tells me it cant find them. I have moved the files and it still tells me the same.

So what now is occuring

There is still no scenery when i run fsx like the orbx videos. its just fsx scenery.

the files are in both program files and program files (86) as i duplicated them so it would hopefully see them.

Ive got fsx installed along with ORBX scenery and A2A aircraft. The files are there.

So now what. 

If you installed FSX into Program Files, are you running FTX Central as Administrator?  Also, please confirm what simulator you're using.  If you're using FSX, you could try using the FSX Registry Repair Tool: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

It can frequently resolve issues where the FSX directory isn't found and it's not doing anything shady to your system or breaking things.  It would be better to figure out why it's not being found, but if that's not practical, this may fix it.

-stefan

Archived