Airport BGLs - advice please

Hi

I have been tidying up my FS files (dangerous!) and came across a forgotten app called Simple Airport Scanner by Scruffy Duck Software.  I ran it and typed in my local airport EGBB.  It came up with 3 entries showing BGLs from UK2000, MyTraffic and ORBX.  Simple question (I hope!)  .  Do I just leave these as they are ie do they work together,  or is it a good idea to remove superfluous BGLs?   As you can tell I'm no expert on these matters.

Any advice, comments gratefully received.

Best wishes,  Pete

If you are not experiencing any conflicts then you can leave as is. If you are getting conflicts then you could turn the bgls to .OFF leaving the one you want to be displayed as is. I have UK2000 and have removed any duplicate airport bgls that also appear in MyTraffic 6 as i prefer the UK2000 ones.

Setting your UK2000 scenery above FTX will ensure you get the UK2000 airport displayed. If you don't want certain UK2000 airports to display you can choose that option in the UK2000 Control Panels.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks jjaycee.  Very useful info.  By "conflict" I assume you mean duplicate buildings, runway markings etc?   Is there someway of mass editing BGLs in say MyTraffic, or do you edit each one separately as necessary?

Pete

that's affirmative.  

All my airports that I have purchase enhanced version of, I turn the My Traffic bgl for that airport off.  The easy tell-tell sign is dual control towers at the same airport. B) where there should only be one.

Archived