A Visit to the American Helicopter Museum

Bermuda425

“Cool! A flying banana!” That was the first thing we said as we drove up to the American Helicopter Museum and Education Center in West Chester, Pennsylvania. To some, West Chester is known as the birthplace of the Commodore Vic-20. To others, it’s the original home of Sharples Tubular Cream Separators; as everyone knows, these were the centrifugal separators of choice for millions of farmers in the early 20th century. But to hardcore aviation geeks like us, West Chester is the place with all the cool helicopters.

(Source: EAA)

Some amazing choppers in this video Bermuda.

The flying banana is the only helicopter I have flown on way back in 1958 in the guise of a Vertol 44 operated by New York Airways!

If our flight from LHR had not been diverted due to fog we would have travelled to Binghampton by train.

Instead we went on the Vertol and then a Convair 240 to Broome County.

Also Fort Rucker Alabama has a very large helicopter museum. At least they did when I went to school there. Also they had a pretty good collection of fixed wing aircraft as well. They had General Macarthur's Connie ther too, plus several other prominent aircraft of the times. That was in 1979.

On ‎19‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 0:03 PM, VH-KDK said:

Some amazing choppers in this video Bermuda.

The flying banana is the only helicopter I have flown on way back in 1958 in the guise of a Vertol 44 operated by New York Airways!

If our flight from LHR had not been diverted due to fog we would have travelled to Binghampton by train.

Instead we went on the Vertol and then a Convair 240 to Broome County.

Thanks for checking this out! Amazing that you have flown in this noticeable stretched heli. And under such crazy circumstances :rolleyes:

On ‎19‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 4:29 PM, RJ said:

Great to see a Heli museum. That's a first for me. :)

Enjoyed the video too, cheers RJ!

On ‎19‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 7:46 PM, semaj said:

Also Fort Rucker Alabama has a very large helicopter museum. At least they did when I went to school there. Also they had a pretty good collection of fixed wing aircraft as well. They had General Macarthur's Connie ther too, plus several other prominent aircraft of the times. That was in 1979.

Aviation museums are the best, whatever they display specificly. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Archived