Windows Refresh

Bassman

Just a heads up, when windows says that "refresh" will keep all your files, it doesn't. Have learned the hard way when trying to sort out a non-flightsim related problem. I looked for a restore point but could not find one so selected the Windows refresh app which states "...without effecting your files..." Lost all my flightsim and other downloaded programs but did not lose personal type files like photos and documents. So do not use Restore. Another little problem is that we are between homes at present with all belongings in storage; thought I had kept all flightsim stuff out of storage handy but can't locate so I will be busy searching through lot's of junk over next few days; bugger!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. I think I left it too late to use Eausus as it was unable to restore all my FSX folders etc. I think you probably have to use Eausus before re-installing any other programs and unfortunately I did. Acronis will be helpful once I have everything re-installed and then make a system backup.

Thanks again.

Archived