FTX EU England Polygon issues

MDBenson

Hi. I am new to FSX and ORBX products, I purchased FTX Global, FTX Global Vector and FTX England last week and all seemed well until I started flying round the England scenery area. I am getting what I can only describe as some kind of vector 'corruption', where vectors suddenly spike out of the ground and turn pink/purple, usually around buildings. This behaviour is usually only visible in the Virtual Cockpit and has manifested in a variety of different aircraft both stock and add-on. At first it was just irritating but then I found that at Heathrow it causes phantom objects to appear near some of the terminal buildings that the plane then crashes into them.

UPDATE: It only manifests with 'Preview DirectX 10' unselected, if I select 'Preview DirectX 10' and run the sim that way, the issue described does not manifest but there are instead a lot of blac polygons at ground level (maybe trees and streetlamps?)

Some Pics:

bEtgEt0.png

Spot View

WxB1sJA.png

VC View

HI

The only times I have ever seen this problem is when your video card is being overloaded.  

And it appears that the newer cards are no longer optimised for DX9, therefore the card works harder than under DX10.

I was getting all sorts of artifacts a couple of years ago until I moved over to DX10.

What are your system specs?

Hi, thanks for your replies. 

Order Number: FSS0483159

My Specs: 

i7 2600 3.4GHz

8GB RAM

GeForce GTX960 2GB

This thing doesn't usually struggle with 3D stuff, but I understand FSX is a different kettle of fish, any tips on limiting the stress?

Mr Benson, you want to put your order number in your signaature please...

How to add your order number to your forum signature:

** With the new forum software upgrade, you will need at Least One Forum Post to be able to edit your signature **

Immediately after posting your support query in the appropriate subforum:

1. Find the drop-down menu next to your User Name in the upper right hand corner of the ORBX forum

2. Select "Profile"

3. In the Profile window, select the "Edit Profile" button on the top right

4. In the "Edit Profile" popup scroll to "Profile Information" and in the "Order #" box set your order number

5. Click on "Save" to save and exit

Archived