FTX Global and Vector help needed

Lukey_Boy

Hey everybody,

I am new to these forums but unfortunately i have a problem.I have just had a brand new computer built for me (specs will be below) Installed FSX with FTX global (base) and the sim looked amazing FTX really made a massive difference to my sim, so with that being said, today i baught FTX vector and Europe Open LC to continue to improve my sim however when i installed Vector which ORBX (FTX) recommends before installing the Europe land class my sim became shall we say a bit blurry and not the same quality it was when only global was installed. I looked in my fsx.cfg file because i made some changes to only the texture max load= line and the texture bandwidth mult= and it had reset my values. FSX default values i believe are Texture Max Load=1024 and Texture Bandwidth mult=34 i think mine was on if i remember correctly. I changed these values to TML=4096 and TBM=400 and my sim was awesome but like i say when i install vector it resets my fsx.cfg back to default and even when i change the settings again the sim still doesn't look like what it did.

Unfortunately i don't have no screenshots to show you because due to my frustration of trying to do everything i could to put it right i have uninstalled fsx completely and i am going to start again but i didn't know if anyone else had the same problem or if there is a simple solution or fix to help me out.  Also the ORBX update to vector from 1.30 to 1.35 didn't work for me, when i extracted it, it flagged up with a corrupt file. 

My Specs:

Nvidia 960 GTX 4GB

16GB DDR4 memory 2133mhz

Intel I5 6400 2.7ghz

700w PSU

250GB SSD

1TB HDD

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Not sure what Vector is doing to your install, but I would tone down your TML=2048, while the TBM=400 is much too high--start with 80 and maybe work your way up to 100, but not 400.  Otherwise, I think you will be dealing with OOMs like you won't believe.  With the corrupt file, try turning off your anti-virus and downloading it again.  On another note, I think you'll see a lot of simmers with cpus running at about 4.0 Ghz or faster.  Your I5 running at 2.7ghz is going to have trouble running FSX with enough horsepower to do justice to your new scenery.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to FTX Global and Vector help needed

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Please don't write in all capital letters, I have edited the thread title.

Neither the Vector nor any other FTX installer write to the fsx.cfg file.

However, many changes that are made manually will be reset when you

change another in game setting.

The best thing for you to do with the fsx.cfg file is to leave it alone.

Unless you have products which use 4096 textures, you will see no difference.

The more detail you add to the screen, the more work must be done by your PC

and as Stewart has mentioned it will have a limit.

Welcome to the forum(s). Unfortunately, Stew's right. Even though the i5 6400 is capable of 3.3Ghz (max turbo) that's still a bit too slow for running high scenery details. You're going to have to be very careful with the FSX settings. Start by increasing the details slowly and don't change more than one thing at a time. And, don't change anything in the fsx.cfg file until you've found a good balance with the internal sliders.

Doug

Thank you all for your reply. Sorry for the caps. I didn't realise i had done that. I will give your advice a go and see how i get on. Yeah i wasn't sure if it was to high or not after all i haven't dabbled with any form of flight simulator for a good few years now, bit out of touch ha-ha. Thanks again and i will let you know.

Also the 1.35 update from the FTX website is still flagging up corrupt when i try to extract with winrar. I have disabled my anti virus. Any help appreicated.

Just an update... reinstalled fsx from fresh uninstalled every addon i had installed too and then when i reinstalled fsx without touching the fsx.cfg file i was getting 30.1fps locked at 30fps soon as i installed FTX Global base without vector which 2 days ago i was getting 30.1fps with it installed on fairly high settings if not max. Now I'm getting between 10-15fps if I'm lucky. I have no idea what is going on here. I am going to install P3D and see if that has the same result. Not holding my breath lol. 

Again any help would be greatly appreciated. 

9 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Hmmm...That looks ok to me, no blurries.

Does it not look blurry in the background to you Stewart or is that me being a little over picky? Just I'm sure I had it looking a little more clearer or crisper. Like the ground textures in between the buildings look a little flat and lack quality or again is that me being picky lol.

I don't think you can expect your graphics card to render the same detail as the human eye.  Even in real life, the further toward the horizon you look, the less distinct the scenery becomes.  Real blurries in the flight sim are noticeable in the immediate vicinity of the aircraft, as viewed from outside.  I don't see 'em in your screenshot.

Archived