Installed FTX YBBN

Zane

Hi

I have just installed Orbx FTX YBBN (Brisbane) and we are unable to locate this in FSX. I am just looking under the "Search add on scenery" tab. Quite the novice so not sure what else I'm meant to do....once the initial download is completed. I don't know what to look for when people talk about Libraries etc, all drivers appear to be updated so some very basic support to locate and start using my new scenery would be appreciated

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Once you have installed your airport, please go to this page and download the latest libraries.

Install these also and you should see FTX Central added.

Once that is complete, open FTX Central and click on Apply Group.

Then your installation is complete.

You won't see the airport in the search addon scenery section but in the search default scenery.

Click on the Clear filters button and then type YBBN into the By airport ID box.

Thanks Nick for instructions.....have followed all of these, now have FX Central on desktop, did the Apply Group. Opened my FSX and cleared filters and typed YBBN in and OK but the scenery that launched is no different. Have logged off/restarted but still no luck.

Any other tips?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nick - I'm back.....|I can see FTXAA_YBBN in the under steamapps/common/FSX/ORBX/FTX_AU_YBBN/Scenery and all files are listed. There's nothing in the settings when I open FSX to start a fight though. Tried adding scenery and can see the FTXAA_YBBN but no files showing up under scenery folder.....odd.

Have deleted everything and downloaded from scratch. The FXT Central didn't pop up on my desktop though when I unwrapped the library this time though. I found it and hit Apply Group but still no luck

Any luck? Is it possible to have the CD sent so that I can load off that? Have deleted and downloaded from scratch numerous times with no luck at all. Very frustrated and disappointed

I don't suppose this problem exists because you don't have the ORBX Australian scenery as well?  I mean it should show up at least but the AU scenery is required for the product according to the product page.

YBBN.jpg

According to the report, the airport is not installed, the libraries are.

There is no trace of the airport files in ORBX\FTX_AU and

no scenery library entry for either the airport or the libraries.

Run the installer again and if it is offered, use the FSX option.

OK trying again....have deleted everything and started from scratch at least 5 times - including downloading the FTX: AU YBBN Brisbane International file and the OrxLibraries. There are a number of options provided for the FTX AU YBBN so I've tried Australian Server, iCloud Server, Global CDN1 they all seem to do the same process. Installing the http://ozbathosting.com/dl/orbx/au/OrbxFTXAUYBBN121.zip file etc. When I install the only option is FSX and this is what I've been selecting. I have been able to see FTX_AU in the download folders so assume the airport had been downloading. Other than looking for Orbx/FTX_AU in the folders is there another way?....other than running FSX and seeing its not working....

Internet speed is very slow where we live, so takes an hour to download the airport, then the libraries.....keen to get this up and running

Appreciate your help

One thought.  Even though Steam has its own install location it might possibly suffer from the UAC permissions bug that some users find.  

Might be worth checking the security settings on all folders that files get installed to, the program files, and your user account folder and sub folders.  Just a thought.

ok still no luck, downloaded airport and libraries again. Unwrapped/extracted all/ran through wizard and nothing. \

Can see the FTXAA_YBBN and under the scenery folder there's a stack of .bgl files and under Texture there's also files listed. FTXAA_ORBXLIBS also has the Scenery and Texture folders and files.

FTX Central was just on my desktop already. I hit the Apply Group after the downloads/installs were completed. Is it possible this isn't working?

New Diagnostic report: ote41e52f86c5419f2fe14be09295847ab

Archived