KPSP and SOCAL Compatibility problem?

Rhett

Hi there,

Flying north departing from KPSP runway 31, I noticed a seriously and strangely populated windfarm area FULL of turbines of different sizes and some on top of each other. Please confirm if this is correct as I do not recall all these wind turbines before I installed SoCal. I have FTX set to the North American Region and have both KPSP and SoCal installed.

20160505204443_1.jpg

I read up about a patch for KPSP that was going to be provided for compatibility with FTX SoCal, but this wind turbine issue was not mentioned.

Out of interest, has the patch been released yet ? 

Lastly, the windsock at KPSP seem to flap/flicker to and fro at a very high frequency. This is the only airport that I have noticed this problem. Unfortunately, taking a screenshot does not help as it does not show the flickering ! Any way to fix this ?

Thanks and regards,

What sim are you using? I see similar turbines on top of each other, but I installed it into P3D v3.2 for which it is not yet compatible i.e. no V3 installer.

If you have installed it into v3 P3D, you and i will not get support. The v3 installer is work in progress.

I am not saying that it is not a compatibility problem with SCA which needs to be addressed.

G'day Rhett,

What you see is correct - it is in fact the San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm - one of the largest in California and a feature of KPSP. The double-ups are a known issue with SCA and will be fixed with the upcoming KPSP patch. 

You can learn a little more about the wind farm here

Cheers,

Jarrad

turbines3.jpg

3 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Rhett,

What you see is correct - it is in fact the San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm - one of the largest in California and a feature of KPSP. The double-ups are a known issue with SCA and will be fixed with the upcoming KPSP patch. 

You can learn a little more about the wind farm here

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thank you Jarrad !

Fascinating. It was indeed the double up on the turbines that caught my attention and worried me. Thanks for the link about this windfarm. My company actually builds substations for the wind farms here in South Africa. Can't wait for an FTX airport in Africa or even South Africa.

Cape Town, Victoria Falls area, Kruger Park, Okavango are all good options in Southern Africa (maybe an FTX global airport set like Pago Pago ?) :-)

Best regards and keep the awesome airports coming !

Rhett

4 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

What sim are you using? I see similar turbines on top of each other, but I installed it into P3D v3.2 for which it is not yet compatible i.e. no V3 installer.

If you have installed it into v3 P3D, you and i will not get support. The v3 installer is work in progress.

I am not saying that it is not a compatibility problem with SCA which needs to be addressed.

Hi jjaycee1

I am using FSX-SE with DX10 - its right at the end of the very compact signature.

Regards,

Archived