So there will be 3 OpenLC NA packs ?

Hello :)

I just read the latest announcement, and was confused about something.....

Quote- "We will be doing a special deal on openLC NA: anyone who has purchased openLC NA Alaska/Canada (even at the current discounted sale price of AU$13.95), will get a AU$22.50 credit towards openLC NA which will be Greenland/Alaska/Canada/USA/Hawaii/Caribbean combined into a single product. However this is only available for a month after the release of openLC USA/Mexico. Buy openLC NA Alaska/Canada during the sale to get that extra $10 off!"

Originally I thought it was being split in two, but if I read this correctly, the next release will be USA/Mexico.....then a 3rd package will contain Hawaii and the Carribean (and Greenland, apparently), along with the previous two OLC NA packages ? I have no issues with any of it.....just trying to figure out what to expect, so I can plan (budget and whatnot) accordingly.

Thanks for any clarification.

- Captain Z

No, openLC NA will be one pack, as it was always intended to be. We split AK/Canada into its own pack temporarily so customers could get their hands on the first part of NA many months earlier. 

The final combined pack called openLC NA will include Greenland, Alaska, Canada, USA, Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean.

47 minutes ago, PNW User said:

Where was this original announcement? Want to read it for myself..thanks..

Top of the General Forums.

39 minutes ago, John Venema said:

No, openLC NA will be one pack, as it was always intended to be. We split AK/Canada into its own pack temporarily so customers could get their hands on the first part of NA many months earlier. 

The final combined pack called openLC NA will include Greenland, Alaska, Canada, USA, Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean.

Ah, ok. Thank you for clearing that up. The line about getting Greenland/Alaska/Canada/USA/Hawaii/Caribbean within a month after USA/Mexico confused me.

I wanted to make sure I would be buying one more NA pack, and not two, so I can spend accordingly for the May Sale, to clean up the leftover airports I need.

Thank you for responding so quickly, Mr. Venema.

- Captain Z

JV, if the new OLC NA pack will be issued as a one package, has the Alaska/Canada package received the new work that you have introduced into the US/Carib OLC. i.e. the new vector type content and lighting?

Havent purchased any of the OpenLC packs but as new technology comes about will this be ported into already released OLC versions as Service Packs across the board.

i.e. Whats being added into NA will be ported into Europe

i.e. If something new and improved is done for Asia / SA etc. that will then be ported into NA / Europe and so forth?

Archived