Sea Plane and Olso Sea base

Two questions;

Does anyone know please why Oslo Sea Plane base shows a runway maker line and Ants Sea Sky doesn't

actually move on the water?

Incidentally, that aircraft works very well on the Bristol Channel so I know its not the 'plane.

John

That's very strange because the only things I've got in Scandinavia are the default P3Dv3.2 (of course) and Orbx Norway.  It doesn't matter but I'm curious.   I wonder how far from the coast Orbx stretches?

John

Yes, I think that's the one Nick.  The aircraft sits on the water with the yellow runway marker looking towards the land.  It looks as if its in a bay.  I didn't take too much notice 'cos I couldn't get the 'plane to move.

John

OK - I'm checking out my Orbx Scenery installation at the moment.  Then I'll have another look.  It'll be a day or so.

John

Yes, but  it's titled 'ENFI Tornebu Seaplane Base'  when I bring up Oslo in the 'sim.

What's more worrying is that now I've re-installed Global and Europe Landclass I can get no action from any water.  I tried to land/take off on the sea just off the coast of San Sebastion and it was if I was on solid ground.  There was no drag or spray and the 'plane wouldn't even move forward.

John

PS - Sorry.  This is becoming like a bad serial I know!   I've isolated the problem to Ants Seasky.  The Kodiak Floatplane works just fine and gives the water effects properly.

So, we're left with the fact I've got a Seaplane Base in Norway that I perhaps shouldn't have.  Can't complain about that!  But in exchange, I've got a useful little seaplane I can't really use any more.

I'll see what Ant has to say about that if I can locate him.

John

Archived