Realism Shader Pack for P3D 3.2 **freeware**

Jordan King

As I know we all aspire to have Emmsies screenshot quality, I found this freeware tool that does a number of things without need for an ENB. Notably, it brightens terrain, darkens cloud shadows, and increases the saturation of ground textures. I have never been a fan of ENB's and this one is nice because it simply changes attributes in the shaders of P3D. It has a backup tool and real time previews of the possibly result you will get. Worth a look! 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/487786-realismshaderpack-v11/

v11%20cover_zps3bged5hj.jpg

5 hours ago, Chunk said:

Thanks for sharing, Jordan! I'll deforest give this a whirl.

You are welcome, hope you enjoy it with our beautiful ORBX sceneries as much as I do. 

4 hours ago, Manlyman said:

Just a side note, really like your youtube channel Jordan. Very well done, your presentation  always keeps me watching.

David

Its alot of work, but being part of the community in ways like this are what make it all worth it! Glad you enjoy!

Just wanted to let ya know that I downloaded and installed the software as directed.

When I started up P3Dv3.2, the default flight was totally in the dark.  I changed the seasons and times of day, but nothing worked.  The screen, except for a few red runway lights, was completely black.  I changed airports, too... Still no joy.  Restarted P3D... still bad.  Rebooted computer... still bad.  Unistalled software... still bad.  Repair of P3D unsuccessful.  Will have to reinstall P3D.

This may not be your experience, but I just want to alert others that the software may adversely affect the performance of your flight sim.

-Paul

39 minutes ago, PFS said:

Just wanted to let ya know that I downloaded and installed the software as directed.

When I started up P3Dv3.2, the default flight was totally in the dark.  I changed the seasons and times of day, but nothing worked.  The screen, except for a few red runway lights, was completely black.  I changed airports, too... Still no joy.  Restarted P3D... still bad.  Rebooted computer... still bad.  Unistalled software... still bad.  Repair of P3D unsuccessful.  Will have to reinstall P3D.

This may not be your experience, but I just want to alert others that the software may adversely affect the performance of your flight sim.

-Paul

Thats strange, no one on the original thread reported a similar issue. Did you backup your shaders first? You should have been able to restore them if you had a problem, infact the tool even includes the defatul P3D shaders incase you forgot to backup.  

16 minutes ago, Jordan King said:

Thats strange, no one on the original thread reported a similar issue. Did you backup your shaders first? You should have been able to restore them if you had a problem, infact the tool even includes the defatul P3D shaders incase you forgot to backup.  

I backed up the shaders, yes.  Even tried the "restore" feature.  Yeah, I'd guess that it's almost impossible to know what exactly caused P3D to go (and stay) 99.9% black.  Even the System Restore (dated to April 27th) didn't resolve the problem.  I know that no one else has experienced this particular issue.
No worries, though.  I'm reinstalling P3D at the moment.

Just now, PFS said:

I backed up the shaders, yes.  Even tried the "restore" feature.  Yeah, I'd guess that it's almost impossible to know what exactly caused P3D to go (and stay) 99.9% black.  Even the System Restore (dated to April 27th) didn't resolve the problem.  I know that no one else has experienced this particular issue.
No worries, though.  I'm reinstalling P3D at the moment.

Sorry that happened to you sir. I would probably write this up to the developer on their page and make him aware. 

Hi guys,

Please direct any support matters to the developer, while we do allow some discussion of general flightsim matters here... remember that we are a commercial scenery vendor and these support forums are for Orbx products only.

Regards

Tim

Archived