openLC USA has major vector data improvements

Thanks for that helpful reply.  I did mean installed size.  I keep the downloaded files on a separate drive, but am getting a bit tight on the FSX install drive.  :-)  Didn't help that I just bought SCA and five airports from the sale, including Palm Springs (which seems pretty big in terms of disk space required installed).  

But, does the Global Base and OLC replace default textures and landclass, or do they keep those backed up on the same drive so that you can switch back to default?  It would be better if they replace the default (saving some space).

Sorry if I'm taking this thread too off topic.  

FTX Global gives you an option in the install, it asks if you want to take a back up of the original texture files and gives you an option where you want to put them, if you say no then you cannot uninstall Global without reinstalling FSX. The new textures replace the original ones which came with FTX

Vector creates 5 new vector folders which are additional these are 13.2 GB when installed

On 4/20/2016 at 4:27 AM, John Venema said:

Yes but they use FTX Vector for their detailed information which is already quite good quality data. We've enhanced details mainly in the areas where good data was lacking.

John,

I may speak for others when I say that Vector had caused a lot of heartburn over using a lot of resources (causing OOMs and crashes), to which solutions typically stated to deactivate secondary roads, golf courses, railroads, etc.  Has Vector changed since then to actually operate better?  I haven't reinstalled my copy of Vector in quite a long time due to the nature of it's operation and fear of more heartburn.  I have yet to save a copy of the latest builds though, but my real question is that if you deactivate all of the features but a minimal set in Vector, does Vector still run behind the scenes to correct coastlines and other features even if they are not visually depicted?

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived