Issues with scenery, need help

ebphoto

I just purchased a whole bunch of your scenery products for FSX/ Steam addition. Global (Main), Global Vector, Various Airports, Southern CA, Northern CA, Pacific NW, Central Mountain, Northern Mountain. They installed fine, from what I can tell ( No errors etc..) However They definitely do not look like the pictures on your website. The first problem I'm having is there are these black boxes everywhere, in all the scenery libraries. They almost look like trees but they're way too large so I'm not really sure what they are. Second, I have everything configured as the manual says to do and the scenery doesn't look very good. I hardly have any trees showing up in The mountain areas and it just looks bland. A little better than FSX stock but not what I saw in the videos and pictures. Very disappointing!! Here are the url's to the two pictures I have uploaded. These are of the Pacific Northwest region but all the areas look like this. Sedona AZ looks pretty well except for the black boxes everywhere. I have several more airports to install but thought I'd post for assistance before I load them. I can upload more pictures if needed. Computer Asus Laptop Intel Core I7/ 2.60Ghz, 8G memory, Nvidea Geforce 840M Latest drivers, Windows 8.1 64 bit. (Order #FSS0475720)

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GNKQ

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GNKa

Forgot to mention that before I purchased the Global FTX product I downloaded and installed the freeware on off of your website. I didn't uninstall it since one, I forgot about it and two, I wasn't sure how. So I installed the other products with the freeware one still installed. Not sure if that could be the problem?

Thanks,

E

Yes I purchased Vector and ran it. I also ran FTX Central and updated everything to the latest versions. I ran the vector auto config and had no errors but still get the big black boxes!!! Is there a way to uninstall the freeware FTX Global product? Do you think that could be doing this? The only airport I have installed is Sedona SEZ, I also have Fly Tampa St. Marten and the Grenadines and a couple I purchased off the Steam website and Steam installed. BTW I just created a report for you guys, here is the reference number ote7cc588e4a2b8fbcc9ac173ddb7431c8

E

Hello E,

Please Uncheck "Preview DX10" checkbox in FSX. Or use the DX10 Fixer  Then do a forum search for "Black Boxes" for more information of this known DX10 issue.

The Blurry scenery you are experiencing is related to using an underperforming Laptop PC 2.6GHz CPU.  Your graphics "Anisotropic Filtering"  are poorly configured 16x minimum "Anisotropic filtering" is required. FSX is a CPU labour intensive program so you should put all traffic sliders to the left and put your Autogen slider to Sparse or Normal  and choose a weather theme with minimal clouds (Clear Skies) to compensate.

same problem for me .

all orbx products work fine in fsx boxed ,

ftx na pacific west coast works fine in fsx steam  but all the airports are shown with "black boxed area s" on the places where buildings should be showing.

any suggestions? thx

Hey guys,

The Direct X 10 thing worked great. Thank you for all the help. Im getting some load errors that Ill post in another message once I get a chance to write them down, but wanted to express my thanks for getting back to me on this issue so quickly.

Thank you,

E

Hi all 

Having some trouble with Orbx FTX England. It all installed OK and everything looks fine on the ground, however when I am coming in to land, it was as if the scenery had not loaded in until I was about 2k ft from the ground. All the scenery was very blurry. I was coming in over London and until 2000 ft, there were no buildings or high quality textures. 

This, as you can probably imagine, is a problem. 

Hope a solution is found,

Thanks,

Matty

P.S Using P3D with Windows 10, all scenery settings set at max. 

4 hours ago, mattymatthew80 said:

Hi all 

Having some trouble with Orbx FTX England. It all installed OK and everything looks fine on the ground, however when I am coming in to land, it was as if the scenery had not loaded in until I was about 2k ft from the ground. All the scenery was very blurry. I was coming in over London and until 2000 ft, there were no buildings or high quality textures. 

This, as you can probably imagine, is a problem. 

Hope a solution is found,

Thanks,

Matty

P.S Using P3D with Windows 10, all scenery settings set at max. 

If your computer isn't top of the range this can be expected.  Posting your computer specs will help.

Normally if you do have an issue you should avoid piggybacking on a thread and open a new one.

Archived