Darrington Muni and Monteray elevation issues 2

NeilG

Hi all

Ok, this is a new topic but it is linked to my previous post. After going through everything that I and others could thin k of doing about ridding myself of elevation issues in several airports, and having one of those impotent rages and expletive laden frustration fits that are well known to flight simulation anoraks, I have deleted and uninstalled all ORBX products, now resigned too the inevitability of reinstallation tedium. However! lets not get too morose. Ii would be grateful for any advice on making sure that everything is well and truly taken off computer, and anything advice on safe installation would be great. Thanks in anticipation.

• 11 months later...

Hi Neil,

Can you please check if you have this file in either of the following locations?

ADE_FTX_PNW_1S2_elevation_adjustment.BGL

\P3Dv3\Scenery\scenery

\P3Dv3\Scenery\World\scenery

I checked my FSX install which worked and the file was in \Scenery\World\scenery. (note the World folder)

P3d was in \Scenery\scenery, so I copied it to \Scenery\World\scenery and it worked.

The same went for KMRY and 0S9.

I am not sure what the location difference means, but it certainly fixed the issue.

The Orbx guys should comment on the reason why some elevation files are installed in \P3Dv3\Scenery\World\scenery and others in \P3Dv3\Scenery\scenery.

I think its a hangover from the old days of swapping regions.

Whatever it is, directions need to be given on where the files belong, and hopefully this can be automated through FTXCentral.

Nick, you are correct about no scenery\scenery folder in FSX.

however I see heaps of elevation adjustment file in P3D\scenery\scenery folder.

i uninstalled 1S2 and reinstalled it in P3D. Also ran vector elevations. So why wasn't the elev adjustment file installed in world scenery?

is there something in the P3D installer or vector elevation adjuster that leaves the files in scenery\scenery instead of world\scenery.

All good questions but I don't have P3D, I'm afraid.

I do have a default P3D scenery.cfg file for reference and it certainly has no

scenery\scenery entry.

I would suspect that if you copy all the files from P3D\scenery\scenery

to P3D\scenery\world\scenery, any elevation problems you have will very

likely be solved.

I suspect also that if you delete the scenery\scenery folder you will do no harm.

Perhaps you might rename it instead and see if anything changes.

Archived