Vector Config Tool with FSX Steam error message

Hi there to everyone.

I seem to be running into an error after updating to vector 1.35, I am currently running FSX Steam, and the error message that I am getting is "No installed simulator was found on your system, the program will now quit." I have used the program before, and it has worked just fine. Normally I just have to run it as administrator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try using the Registry fix tool which is available on the Freeware site or in your Users/name/ AppData/local/orbx/FTXCentral folder. When the tool opens point it to your sim exe in whatever drive you have your sim. This should remove your problem of your sim not being found.

Having said that, you say you are attempting to run the FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool

and yet the error message clearly states that there is an error with the FTX Global Light Configurator.

I would suggest that you download Vector 1.30 from your FSS account and the update to version 1.35

from the support page.

Then delete the entire FTX_VECTOR folder and re-install the product, version 1.30 first and then the

update to version 1.35, making sure that it does indeed install to wherever you have installed

FSX Steam Edition.

You might also try running the FTX Registry Tool from the freeware page and see if that shows FSX

as installed, do not set the path for FSX Steam Edition.

Ok, I will try that. Yes the error mentions the light configurator, but when the error occurs, it prevents the vector config tool from running. I also have tried the registry tool, and everything is matched up just fine. Why would I not have the fsx steam edition path set? The standard FSX is no longer installed on my pc.

Clipboard01.jpg

Because when FSX Steam Edition is the only FSX version on the PC, it must be treated as if it was FSX disk edition.

This is not just an FTX requirement, it is how FSX Steam Edition installs itself if there is no trace at all of FSX disk.

If not, then with the registry set as you have it, FTX software will be looking for external folders named FSX-SE.

In the case of the Vector/Lights Configurator, it/they will be looking for FSX which is not there in the registry and

that is why it reports that there is no simulator present.

My copy of the FTX Registry Tool is attached.

At least here, it has the added ability to remove a registry entry.

Run it on your PC and remove the FSX Steam Edition entry.

Then use the tool to create an FSX registry entry pointing to where you have your FSX Steam Edition.

You may then have to copy the contents of any FSX-SE external folders into the FSX folders.

RegistryFixTool.zip

That sounds like a reinstall of fsx steam...? Of which I do not want to do. At the time, when I first started experimenting with steam, I had both fsx disk and steam edition installed and then slowly moved over to steam full time. As a major addon provider for all versions of fsx, why are the appropriate compatibility updates not provided for these products? Im pretty sure, that if a brand new fs user were to buy steam then global, then vector, they would run into the same issue as me, it seems counter productive to make the efforts to make them work 80% with steam.

I see, so your copy of FSX Steam Edition is still set up as if it was on the PC with FSX disk edition.

I assume then that when you use an installer, it offers you the choice between FSX and FSX Steam Edition

and that you choose FSX Steam Edition?

In that case, try re-installing Vector as I described above.

If the error persists after that there is a pinned topic explaining how to set FSX Steam Edition up

as the only version on the PC.

In the meantime, I will move this to the FSX Steam Edition forum, as the problem is not related to Vector.

• 1 month later...

Archived