England/Scotland/Wales Duplicate Airports

BoxFlyer89

Good Day all,

I can't seem to find this anywhere else in the forum, but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.  I ran a check for duplicate airports to try and track down a CTD issue that I've been having when I came upon several UK airports that have ADE files in both ENG and WLS or ENG and SCO regions.  As per FTX Central I have the latest versions of everything, so is this an issue that I can leave alone or should I delete some of the files?

So far I've found EGBS, EGCT, EGCV, EGCW, EGNR, EGOS, EGOX, EGTD, and EGTG.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

This sounds very strange. It sounds like you may have these duplicates because you have other traffic programmes or scenery addons, but I am assuming your Duplicates programme is showing the duplicates only FTX products and not in all your sim files?

Do you have an AI traffic programme like MT6 for example, or do you have a UK airports addon like UK2000?

The following should only be in ENG : EGBS, EGCT, EGCV, EGCW, EGNR, EGOS, EGOX,EGTD & EGTG. I would therefore delete/Remove or turn to xxxx.bgl.OFF all the duplicates you have that appear in SCO or WAL. Or just reinstall the programmes and see if the duplicates go away.

Yeah that's the thing, I'm super careful about what addons put where.  No traffic programs, and the only UK2000 airport is London City.  Tried redownloading and reinstalling after removing and I've got the same duplicate airports.

Hi there,

if you load the .kmz files for FTX ENG and WLS, located in \ORBX\User Documents, into Google Earth, you'll see that there's an area of overlap covered by both regions. Therefore, both products need to include the files for the airports (and other features) in that overlap zone. 

There's no technical reason why you would need to deactivate one or the other set but if you prefer to do so I'd search for a given airport's ICAO and then deactivate the older set of the two, probably the ENG versions as WLS was released a few months after England. The kmz files, with airport markers activated, will allow you to find all airports present in both products.

Cheers, Holger

Archived