NZQN: nice runway partially and temporary masked by texture

gr.eg

Hi,

I've got a problem on the NZQN airport: a portion of the 05 runway is showed masked. When I take off, I look behind and then the runway is discovered meter after meter to show the good/right one.
What kind of problem can do that strange behaviour? Perhaps an interference as in this topic? -> http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/112271-ybas-strange-representation-since-last-update/#comment-1009192 

Please see the picture below for an illustration: I took it when the runway is in the middle of showing.

FTX Central is on the Oceania position, last Orbx libraires installed, new switch operated in FTX Central with another region, 2 tries of all these operations made...
I add that I use FSX, not Prepar3d.
The problem isn't due to the famous anistropic filter on this airport: it's actually at 8x (I've tried 16x too).

FYI, I own Global base but not Vector thus no elevation problem possibility/lack of me/error from me with this last one.

Am I alone with this problem? What can I do? Thank you for any help.

The picture below shows:

- the portion of the runway that is totally masked in blue;

- the portion of the runway that is discovered in red, meter after meter.

You can see that the parallel taxiway is affected too.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/03/21/NZQNRunwayShowingMeterAfterMeter.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I keep getting this anomaly too. I have know about this for a very long time but have never come across a fix for it.... I am wondering if there will ever be a fix for this product?

I really do hope so?

Hi,

Sorry for long term answer.

On 16/4/2016 at 3:34 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Do you use FSX in DX 10 preview mode and the Dx10 Fixer?

Yes for me.

On 16/4/2016 at 6:09 PM, h3pilot said:

Thanks for the find: I've searched but missed this one for sure.

In the meanwhile, I've found that putting aniso 16x and changing Radius seem to correct the problem too, but I've changed a lot of other parameters in my FSX config, thus I can't argue this is the solution, sorry.

Archived