OpenVFR and FTX Global Base building textures

GSalden

Hello team,

For almost the complete Western-Europe I am using phto scenery with Open VFR autogen buildings and trees on top of it.

I have HD Trees and the trees placed by Open VFR are your HD Trees.

The buildings placed on top of the photo scenery are default P3D buildings.

I am thinking about buying FTX Global Base : is it correct that the FTX Global textures will appear on the autogen buildings when I have them installed ?

For the rest of Europe where I do not have photo scenery I will have the same building types and HD trees from FTX  +  FTX ground textures.

Nb : I now only have HD Trees installed but the Orbx folder inside P3D is almost 2 Gb !    I have it copied outside P3d now. Do I need it back inside P3D if I buy FTX Global Base ?

Thanks,

Gerard

My HD Trees folder is 946 mb. Something strange there. You have to have something else installed. Photoreal will always overide other scenery. Elsewhere you will have Global textures.The OrbX folder must be in the root folder of your sim.

Hi there,

the 2GB figure probably includes the Orbx libraries (FTXAA_ORBXLIBS) and, yes, they need to be reactivated if you're using Global Base as they contain objects placed by it.

Global Base does change the facade and roof textures of autogen buildings. Assuming that OpenVFR uses the standard autogen types -- meaning not its own custom types -- then the Orbx replacement textures will be displayed.

Cheers, Holger

Archived