Orbx Weather themes gone in v3.2

My orbx weather themes do not respond any more in v3.2. Although I also use Rex Direct w/Soft Clouds, this is only when I go to User weather option rather than the default themes which include the 6 (I think) orbx themes. There is a hotfix being developed by Rex for their product but I am interested to know if anyone else has tried the orbx weather with success?

I'll wait for the Hotfix before messing with REX again, but I've always had a rather peculiar problem with my weather themes in P3Dv3 ... they're all out by one in the list. ie. If I select ORBX3 it actually loads ORBX4 ... and so on. Most odd!

Adam.

Yes they do ... but they're weather themes - and don't have textures (as such). I certainly get rain, snow etc. in the last few themes.

For the moment, I've gone back to FEX for my cloud textures - and they all show up fine in the ORBX themes.

Have you tried backing those themes up, deleting them ... then adding them in again one by one? Maybe one of them is corrupt.

Adam.

EDIT: It's just occurred to me that what you may be experiencing is what I had: the lack of low-level clouds - after having run the latest REX (without the imminent fix). Your themes are changing, but it's hard to tell as there are no clouds (!). The only way around this is to reinstall the 3.2.2 patches - and make sure you clear your shaders cache.

Bit confused by your reply Adam. Are you saying clouds will reappear if I reinstall the P3D update? The only Patches I see for P3D v3.2 is the updated  Client msi version 3.2.3 16769, the one regarding solving a problem for Subscription based customers who had an Activation problem.

I think I need to wait for the REX hotfix. Thanks for your help.

Low-level clouds disappear if you run the latest REX (or TextureDirect) after having installed the P3D update (client, scenery, or content). The only way of getting them back is to uninstall the P3D updates, then reinstall them. It's actually not a *huge* deal (just annoying) - as all your add-on content (scenery or aircraft etc.) remain untouched.

I must have gone through that whole process nearly half a dozen times before I realised what was causing it. My P3D is on an SSD, so none of it took all that long.

You can go ahead and install the P3D update(s) - just don't run REX until they patch it. I've been running P3D quite happily with FEX instead - but it doesn't do water animation (since the P3D update) whereas I think REX will.

Adam.

OK got you now. If I install  some REX features now, before i reinstall the P3D update again, will i then have the new REX features showing after my P3D Client reinstall.? I assume by what you are saying is that I should, but will lose them again (low clouds) if i then return to REX and try to change my Clouds etc

Archived