Sim always hanging at same place at NZMF

Simu67

Hi, 

Thank you Orbx for the P3d v3 installer for Milford Sound !

I have a strange and ennuyous problem : When departing to the sea direction, hafter 1/3 from'the airway, the sim hangs for about 4 or 5 seconds. This occurs each time and ar same place, everything is OK before and after, good Fps, texture rendering too. 

Windows7, 16 Go, Gtx680, I7 5930k@4,4Ghz.

I have sometimes such hagings up and there, but for less than 1 second...

Any idea ?

Hi there,

that's probably the unfortunate hard-coded library indexing spot that was discovered/discussed here:

Having said that 4-5 seconds seems extremely long so perhaps something else is further slowing down that indexing process for you. Make sure that any antivirus scanner you're using doesn't scan your sim folders; typically, the scanner's settings menu has an option to set exclusions.

Cheers, Holger 

I have started disabling my antivirus and pulling the plug on my Internet connection while I am simming, the only drawback is that I cannot use real weather. When I have finished I am prompted to reconnect my modem and that is my cue to restart the computer and reboot the antivirus. A bit of an inconvenience but I think both the scenery and the aircraft are loading a bit quicker and I get no flicker. I am no expert so I could be wrong.

I also disable anti-virus while simming. It seems to help - and I certainly don't have that problem at NZMF. There's a micro-stutter - sure - but barely noticeable. I have my Internet connection enabled (as I use real weather), but that doesn't seem to get in the way at all. Having said that, when I installed P3Dv3, I put it on an SSD drive - maybe that's helped a lot too.

I hope you can get it ironed out - I'd hate to think of anything spoiling your enjoyment of this amazing seenery!

Adam.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your help, I have only SSD's in my computer, and the problem occurs only at this place, and since i've installed the last NZMF scenery. Before, ii was flying at stock NZMF and had no such hanging.

I'm actually verifiying if i have all my drivers OK to upgrade to V3.2. If so, i'll try after upgrade. 

Best regards

Denis

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

So i've upgraded to V3.2 and the problem is same, each time i load the scenario, there is a 4 or 5 seconds hanging when i reach a certain point.

PS : I have reset the shaders before

Voilà voilà

Hi,

P3D obviously reloads completely the scenery at that point. No idea why. The only thing you can do, to shorten the stutter, is, to deactivate scenery not used while flying in NZMF. I have done a lot of tests. It doesn't matter, if you are some feet or 4000 ft above the runway. Always at that point LM completely reloads the scenery. It's definitely triggered by the FTX scenery. When you disable it, nothing happens at that spot. No idea, what special thing was implemented here. Maybe a transition in mesh complexity. I don't know. And obviously also the developers of this scenery. Maybe it's related to other mysterious mid-air collisions reported in that area too.

Rgds

Reinhard

As far as I remember (and this thread has been running a fair while) P3D doesn't completely reload the scenery at that point - just a small subset - but I think that includes the waterfall animations etc. - and/or a host of additional objects in that general direction.

I may be wrong, but I always thought de-activating scenery (that you're not currently flying in) was a complete red herring. I've tried various tests over the years - both in FSX and P3D and it never made a scrap of difference on my system. I always thought the general opinion of scenery devs was that FSX/P3D only loads what's needed - as you approach the respective areas - within the usual LOD parameters. For instance - disabling NZNI when flying in NZSI+NZMF (or vice-versa) won't do a thing.

The only noticeable difference I could detect (much less so in P3D) was in the initial startup time - even after any newly added scenery has been indexed. Once (finally) in the aircraft, it made no difference.

Adam.

Archived