Christchurch NZ airport heavy on System

Jon Clarke

Does anyone else find that Christchurch International is really heavy on fps and performance? I think i asked a similar question a while back but cannot locate it.

I would like to know if there is something in autogen or modelling that makes this airport so system resource heavy (for me anyway). A the airport if I am in Spot view looking at the airport buildings I can be anywhere from 14-18 fps, but looking down the runway I get 25 fps. As soon as the airport is a mile or so away i am getting 35-45 fps flying over maximum dense autogen houses and buildings. My traffic is set quite high but not any different from my normal settings for other International airports, and Christchurch is not as busy as many other international airports around the world (within FTX Regions, not LC or Global)

Seems a shame no-one else has answered this one yet. I have NZSI and also suffer terrible frame rate drops around NZCH. If you search the forums, you may find some references to the problem. I *think* there were some alternative .bgl files going round with some of the non-essential objects disabled/removed. I don't think I bothered to install them on my new(ish) P3Dv3 system - I just make a point of not going there that often LOL.

Adam.

Thank you Adam for responding. I felt all alone with my problem !! Searching the forums is something I will have to do when i have a couple of weeks spare, as i find it difficult to get what I am looking for. Too many links to run through when you enter what you think is a concise search.

Glad to know that at least one other person has the performance problem as well. Appreciated.

Too late ! I just tried the hotfix and it doesn't do much to improve. At the take off point on Runway 20 in a FSX ported c172 I get 25 fps looking down the runway in Spot View. Still in Spot, if I pan to right fps goes up to 27. (note my settings are all max except Veg at Normal). If I look left at the Maintenance building fps drops to 14. If I spot view just to the right of the maintenance building but with all else in view including everything other than the maintenance building ie all other airport buildings and terminal then I am back up to 25 fps. It is definitely the maint buidling that is the culprit in that particular area. There was no improvement either when I decreased Buildings to Dense from Extremely dense. Outside the airport with my normal settings I am in the late 20's to mid 30's fps.

3 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Too late ! I just tried the hotfix and it doesn't do much to improve. At the take off point on Runway 20 in a FSX ported c172 I get 25 fps looking down the runway in Spot View. Still in Spot, if I pan to right fps goes up to 27. (note my settings are all max except Veg at Normal). If I look left at the Maintenance building fps drops to 14. If I spot view just to the right of the maintenance building but with all else in view including everything other than the maintenance building ie all other airport buildings and terminal then I am back up to 25 fps. It is definitely the maint buidling that is the culprit in that particular area. There was no improvement either when I decreased Buildings to Dense from Extremely dense. Outside the airport with my normal settings I am in the late 20's to mid 30's fps.

"Too late" - Copy that! jjaycee1, sorry wasn't quick enough, don't really know why the Hotfix didn't improve things at your end, since it culls some of the buildings and veggies from placing extra burden over the airfield. 

Wish I could help you but I am running FSX/DX9 can't help with P3D. 

I have a reasonable spec PC with Frames locked @32 in FSX. No stuttering 16xAF, 16xS AA, 4xSS.  (I have not applied the hotfix in my sim as yet). 

Tried your spot-view rotation but see slightly better FPS overall.

All sliders in my sim pushed right except water set @2x High, traffic 16x, Airport vehicles minium, vehicles boats & ships 10x Orbx weather theme 2 or 4. My graphics are pretty clear & sharp so my family tells me, I have vision issues so I rely on others to tell me if my sim is in good shape and has good sharp images with FPS to match. It makes for some odd flying moments when you need to call out "I am lined up OK! or What does that sign say! or What runway am I on!...  I don't use the instruments anymore its really only about the scenery and the feeling of flight. I would take a video for you but I have uninstalled NvidiaGeForce Experience, so no more Shadow Play video footage at the moment. I may reinstall it just to view the FPS as I rotate around the viewpoint here at NZCH Rwy20.

I don't know if SP will rob frames from FSX maybe only a couple or so, no dramatic resource drain using SP. I took some pictures but it is really hard for me to capture the FPS as it oscillates between high and low and and when it stabilises after the viewpoint move, below are some pics and results, video would have been better.

Regards Jeff

@Adam_NZ : Cheers Adam - no trouble at all.

FSX DX9 From spot view in a default Cessna c172 FPS looking from Runway 20, View Left 29-31FPS, View to Maintenance hangars/warehouse 24-25FPS, View to terminal & CTower 30-31FPS, View Center down runway towards threshold 02 30-31FPS, View Right 31-32FPS. So there is some heavier object load to the right side Blue warehouse & maintenance hangar.

6d9b8b3f46d93e8dd5860a9d24bcdddc.jpg

51502c12843103676a1829e423524700.jpg

47e0eac2c43fc32e245b183ba97b0612.jpg

3e2789f720e3b1b5817f1a7767f10f77.jpg

59225d310e17887f2fe61a13a145bdab.jpg

1a1c7f88ccaf08c215f4e94be19fc63f.jpg

1c463a8afff6cb1726b827409bc30917.jpg

3c69302b91ebf95676da59982d7e4d84.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hey

I tried that hotfix and it didnt really change much. However, I have noticed that the International Antarctic Center causes a large drop when you are close to it or looking at it. Though without the center, the fps is still much lower than usual when airport buildings are present.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

I know it is an old topic. But could anyone of you ever resolve this issue? The frame drops around Christchurch are really insane and make it hard to visit it with an airliner. Even when I am flying over Christchurch on FL360 my frames drop significantly (from 30 to 15) and recover shortly after Christchurch.

Archived