Reload Global base

zavijahva

I am converting from FSX to FSXse and need to load Global base into the Steam Library. Can anyone tell me how to reload the copy of Global that I previously purchased? Also can anyone tell me how to find ou6t if you have Microsoft.net Framework 4.5 or higher?

Welcome to the forum(s). You can probably reinstall Global into Steam with the installation files you have already downloaded. If there is no option for Steam all you need to do is go to your account at FSS and download the latest version of Global. To find out how to check which version of Microsoft.net you have installed see this   http://www.askvg.com/how-to-check-which-version-of-microsoft-net-framework-is-installed-in-windows/   .

Doug

Thanks for the help Nick. OK - went to FSS and reloaded Global Base. After reading the steam files mentioned above I decided to try and get FSX going again and wait until later for steam. I installed Global base to FSX and ran FTX Central (apply) but got an error message that said "Terrain config. error. The terrain file doesn't contain a [landclasses] section. Please make sure you have the latest ORBX libray files installed". so I'm still not making any money. Any suggestions?

Read article on Resolving rapid ground texture morphing and performed the installing of the terrain.cfg file. Recycled FTX central - no error messages. When I tried to run FSX I got the Blue Microsoft Simulator X screen. It took a couple of minutes and then I got an error screen that said Microfsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working and etc.

Followed your instructions. I still get the starting screen for FSX and it went through the installing scenery and building index files and after it has completed that it goes a minute or so and then it just quits. No error msg. or anything. it just quits running. I am beginning to think that my problem is not an ORBX problem but something in the FSX program. maybe I should reload out of the box and try to get the basic program running again and then install my scenery back in. Sure hate to though. It seems like it's just missing a little something. What do you think?

Sounds to me like you have not registered FSX.  When first purchased and installed it will run for a short time and then quits.  Did you register your FSX when you installed it?

As I recall some people have had to telephone Microsoft to register due to the fact that FSX is no longer being supported by M$.

Yes - I have been running it since 2009. Just recently got into ORBX scenery but had no problem for about a year. I had Global - Vector and LC_north America and LC_England - trees all running just fine until recently. I started out having problems with autogen throwing clutter everywhere and stuff like my airplane sitting on the runway buried up to the wheels. I started trying to fix that and everything has gotten progressively worse.

Archived