Tapini scenery problems

masonator

Hello,.

I've just bought Tapini, AYPY (FSS0466528) and I have Global Base (FSS0270841). The area around Tapini are full of some interesting elevation bugs, and I can't try and start a flight from Tapini because as soon as it loads, the aircraft is in freefall. There's obviously some sort of error. I've sent a diagnostic report from FTX Central: ot41e2e4ffa5389cfb7f1f18770bb6eaf3. Can you help please?

Cheers,

Steve

• 1 month later...

I too am having scenery issues. I've uninstalled and reinstalled TAP twice. I'm running the most up to date Global Base and PNG Holgamesh (reinstalled those too). When I load a flight at TAP the grass runway is in a canyon.  When I use the Global Vector Config tool and run auto config for elevation it makes no change to TAP. If I manually add it, TAP turns into a large grass field but does not look like the ORBX TAP.  How do I fix this?

-Ian

3 hours ago, iangenuityfilms said:

I too am having scenery issues. I've uninstalled and reinstalled TAP twice. I'm running the most up to date Global Base and PNG Holgamesh (reinstalled those too). When I load a flight at TAP the grass runway is in a canyon.  When I use the Global Vector Config tool and run auto config for elevation it makes no change to TAP. If I manually add it, TAP turns into a large grass field but does not look like the ORBX TAP.  How do I fix this?

-Ian

Hi Ian

In future please create your own thread for any issues, as I dont normally check threads marked as 'Resolved' when scanning the support forums daily

Can you confirm you have tried these items listed in the FAQs?:

Failing that please submit a diagnostic report by opening up FTXcentral>>settings>>troubleshooting>> and click 'Start diagnostic reporter', and paste the code given once completed and I can delve deeper

Cheers

Tim

Hi Ian,

TAP Tapini is not installed from looking at those pictures.

Something must be up with your installation, have you had the boxed copy of FSX installed prior to FSX-Steam?

Please run the registry tool below and confirm your copy of FSX is in the right location, our installers use the registry to find the location of your FSX and if this is wrong then nothing will be installed properly

http://myftx.com/orbxfreeware/RegistryFixTool.zip

The registry fix is showing everything is where its supposed to be. I've only had FSX Steam. The destination folder is the same for the TAP installation as it is for all my ORBX software.  But like you said its acting like its not installed.  Should I uninstall my orbx base/vector/regions and clean reinstall?

-Ian

Hello Ian,

The diagnostic report shows that you have registry entries for FSX and for FSX Steam Edition for the same

installation.

I think that the installer is writing to a scenery.cfg file that is not being seen by your simulator.

This is why the scenery.cfg file doesn't show up in the diagnostic report, it will not be in the correct folder for

the configuration that you have set up.

It is also why you are not seeing the scenery.

In the Registry Fix Tool you should find under the entries, a tab that allows you to remove the registry entry.

Here I have deliberately made the same error,

the location in yours will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Untitled.jpg

Click on Remove simulator for the second entry so that you see this

Untitled2.jpg

Once you have done this, please refer to this topic to set FSX Steam Edition up properly as the

only FSX version.

I think you're on to it Nick.  I do have a registry screen that says I have both FSX and Steam, however, I do not have an option for "remove simulator" as shown above.  I also only have an FSX folder in Program data and both an FSX SE and FSX in Appdata.  This would explain a lot of config trouble I've been having. Should I proceed with the attached topic even though I'm unable to "remove simulator" with the registry tool first?

I must have the deluxe version of the Registry Fix Tool. :)

If you can use the Windows Registry Editor (C:\Windows\regedit.exe), you should be able to

achieve the same by deleting the key in red.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\DovetailGames

Do this and run the Tool again, you should see just the top FSX entry.

Archived