How to un-install Vans RV-4?

rsharrard

I couldn't find any folder specific to orbx aircraft so my apology if it's in the wrong place. The issue is with the RV-4 aircraft button controls. I'm unable to activate any buttons on the instrument panel. The mouse curser doesn't even change to the hand when you hover over a known click and or drag spot.. I have  re-downloaded the aircraft twice and re-installed it. The second install, they were active for a brief time but some time during the initial take off roll I lost all ability to use the mouse to set radios/controls. I do have a WACOM tablet installed but that has no effect on any other aircraft in my fleet including the orbx Lanzer. I did unplug the Wacom and plugged in a normal usb mouse but that did not change anything. Any suggestions. I can fly the aircraft with the non glass panel but anything else is hopeless. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... I am re-reading the manual to make sure I haven't missed anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone please explain how to properly un-install the orbx Vans RV-4. I is not functoning properly and I would like to remove it from my system but it is not listed in the contol panel un-install list, nor is it listed in the windows installed programs list.

4 hours ago, rsharrard said:

Could someone please explain how to properly un-install the orbx Vans RV-4. I is not functoning properly and I would like to remove it from my system but it is not listed in the contol panel un-install list, nor is it listed in the windows installed programs list.

Hi,

You have to add an order number(just one)  into your signature when requesting support.

I already did that once, when I originally asked for help with this issue back on the 17th of February, and have yet to see any activity there, even after I provided more information as requested.FSS0461041

3 minutes ago, rsharrard said:

I already did that once, when I originally asked for help with this issue back on the 17th of February, and have yet to see any activity there, even after I provided more information as requested.FSS0461041

That's why you should add it into your signature.

Yes please, indicate what is going wrong and provide screenshot for investigation

Thanks for merging files. This is the only aircraft I have that does this. I even have the latest RealAir Turbo Duke V2 and the Lancair Legacy V2 with the Flight1 GN 750 and they consistently work fine. With the RV-4, sometimes when I choose to fly it the click spots work until I take a flight and change views and when I come back into the cockpit, no more click spots, other times there is nothing from the start, so it doesn't make for any fun. I've tried reinstalling over the initial install but That's not doing any good so I figured I needed to remove ALL the files associated with it and try a clean install. I figure I got a bad install or there is something in the way I have everything configured that doesn't want to play nice because I have found very little to no issues with anyone else reporting when searching the forums. Robin

On 1/3/2016 at 11:48 PM, rsharrard said:

Thanks for merging files. This is the only aircraft I have that does this. I even have the latest RealAir Turbo Duke V2 and the Lancair Legacy V2 with the Flight1 GN 750 and they consistently work fine. With the RV-4, sometimes when I choose to fly it the click spots work until I take a flight and change views and when I come back into the cockpit, no more click spots, other times there is nothing from the start, so it doesn't make for any fun. I've tried reinstalling over the initial install but That's not doing any good so I figured I needed to remove ALL the files associated with it and try a clean install. I figure I got a bad install or there is something in the way I have everything configured that doesn't want to play nice because I have found very little to no issues with anyone else reporting when searching the forums. Robin

Hi,

No need to uninstall. Just reinstall the aircraft again.

I did some tests for 1 hour by going out and in the cockpit. Click spots are still enable on the cockpit. I also tested with multiple displays as below:

ORBX_VANS-RV4_2.1.jpg

Maybe, you have to provide more information about your hardware and your softwares. Is it a fresh FSX install on a fresh Win10 or a migration from a previous Windows. Many case are possible. Concerning migration, some features need new compliante pilotes or .NET update.

Fresh install of Windows 10 Profesional, fresh install of FSX Gold Sp 2, Excelleration from my origional CDs, all current .net framework as required by all orbx software and I have a lot installed and running fine thanks to all the issues covered by these forums. I also have a great deal of other aircraft installed fro RealAir Simulations, Iris, Carendo, Flight 1 (Cesna Mustang), Garmin 750, and all of that works just fine with or without my Track IR or my wacom tablet and mouse. I find it rather od that the Vans RV-4 is the only item in the hanger that does not work properly. I did a search on this forum on both the Lanceair and the Rv-4 and tride what little bit I found but nothing has worked. There was a simple explanation for removing the lanceair which I already did, but not because I had an issue with it, I just like the RealAir legacy better. However, I've found no information on properly removing the RV-4, as I've found other RV-4 files in more places than the Lanceair had. I have reinstalled this aircraft five times now and it does the same thing every time. It's a great airplane and flys realy nice, but without the ability to control radios and other things in the cockpit it is useless, makes a realy good aircraft for simulating fly it from the tower like an RC aircraft. 

If you can post details of your system and software that might be running concurrently with the sim it might help track the problem down.  Also, sometimes setting the affinity mask values to change the priorities of the cores in the CPU can help.

From my experience I used to have click spot problems occasionally with the RV4 and also the A2A aircraft, but since I upgraded to the i7-4790K CPU etc I haven't had a problem.

Also, have you tried the steam gauge versions (the Mustang paint job is one of them) to see if that makes any difference?

i7 5930 Water cooled, EVGA Nvidia GTX 980ti, Asus X99 PRO MB, 64 GB ram, EVGA 1000 w power supply, FSK on a separate 512G  SSD, Windows 10 Ultra, Only thing running besides windows and FSX. I have tride it with TrackerIR 5 and without, makes no difference, reflections on or off makes no difference, and My A2A Mustang works perfect. I'm still using my old Microsoft Sidewinder Precision2 joystick.

Hope that's enough info. I've provided everything else in my previous posts.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. The first flights went without any problems (flew from aerosoft EHLE and ORBX EDVY). Then I wanted to make a flight from KORS (ORBX) and I could not click on any spots anymore. At EHLE it still worked, but after the upgrade of FTX Central It does not work anymore. But sometimes I have the clickspots for a few moments. This is the only aircraft I have with this problem.

CPU Type Intel Core i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz

6Gb

AMD 5800 2Gb

• 5 months later...

My Order # is: FSS0531084.
None of the switches, or knobs function! (Not the power switches, lights, MFD/GPS, or anything is functional! It's like they're painted on!) My cusor doesn't turn into a pointing index finger when I hover over these switches and knobs. The only thing I can do is CNTL+E to start the aircraft! But even still, instruments don't turn on! Request a REFUND!

Well I don't if this helps but I get this issue with the freeware C-47 recently released, so I'm thinking it might be a problem with the way Windows interfaces with whatever file drives these instruments, like an xml file or something.  I don't know enough to comment authoritatively but it does point to a system issue rather than the product itself.

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

The most common reason for click spots to stop working is when the view point is moved out of the aircraft VC model.

I have never experienced the lack of click spots in the C 47 unless I did this and I must have "flown" it for hundreds of

hours.

Is that the Jan Visser version released only a few months ago?

Archived