YSTW quad installer won't start (P3Dv2)

wolfko

After the files have been unwrapped into a temp folder the auto-install won't start. When checking the temp folder {640FAC16-5289-4A8B-8B21-DDAC9DD6A16E} which is automatically created by the unwrapper, it contents only 3 files, namely OrbxFTXYSTW130.1 & OrbxFTXYSTW130.2 & OrbxFTXYSTW130.3, but no exe-file. I have downloaded the YSTW quad installer 3 or 4 times today using different links but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

oh mate...its one of my favorites aswell and i feel your pain was so excited to be finally able to have it in P3D 2.5. Just a long shot but are you using a download manager and what extraction program are you using ? Hopefully someone can help you out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

On 29.2.2016 at 10:20 AM, VAL067 said:

oh mate...its one of my favorites aswell and i feel your pain was so excited to be finally able to have it in P3D 2.5. Just a long shot but are you using a download manager and what extraction program are you using ? Hopefully someone can help you out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi VAL067,

thank you for your reply. I had used FlashGet for downloading YSTW. Following your hint I downloaded YSTW again today from the Orbx cloud using the default IE download manager. additionally I disabled my AV program (Avast) during unwrapping and - voila-  after unwrapping was finished the desired installation window popped up and installation went like a breeze. All a bit strange, because so far I never had any problems using FlashGet and Avast. Anyway, I'm glad I'm able to enjoy YSTW now, due to your assistance! Thank you! :)

PS: it's the first time that I'm not happy with Orbx support! It's 3 days now since my initial request for assistance and there was not one single official reply by Orbx, not even a simple "be patient, we'll have a look into it..." :(

Yes, sorry.

I saw the topic and had no answer for you.

If I had a similar problem, I would have asked for support from

the Flight Sim Store.

I expect they might have advised the course of action you eventually

followed.

I see you do now have the answer thanks to a fellow customer.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply! No worries, no harm done! I can confirm that Orbx' support - in particular yours - is usually more than excellent! And Honestly, I thought to myself that perhaps going to FSS directly might have been the better idea.

Cheers, Wolfgang

Archived