YBUD for P3D v3

Just downloaded nd for the first time ever had a virus warning. Turned off Avast and then could run the installer. Then got 2 mesages about compression errors but clicked on Ignore and it installed. I cannot remember the virus warning details nor the Compression error details. Anyway I then chose YBUD for a test and all was good except the lighting at the apron at night was ultra bright(see pic) I turned HDR both on and off but no difference. Still over bright in my opinion. Is what the pic shows how it should be?Untitled.thumb.jpg.d278481c678ca704e79f5

I will do that Ed, but do you recall what time setting you had in your pic? Also my screenshot was on the ground in the full force of the Light whereas yours is an elevated shot. Try a shot on the ground because that is where i feel the lighting is "exagerated".

Well all is Ok now. Don't know what has happened overnight to rectify the problem ! I attach a pic of Spring @ 19.21 hrs and it looks like yours! I believe my problem shot was in Fall. I recall that there is a texture/seasonal problem with SP4 and wonder if this has anything to do with my initial problem.

Anyway will now only fly Oz in Spring/Summer and see if it happens again.

Thanks Ed for your usual great support and time. Now go and carry56d2cd3524494_YBUD19.21hrs.thumb.JPG.dfb on doing your P3D v3 conversions !!!!!

OK I have found the fault and you are correct ED. It is definately the Bloom factor at Dusk and dawn which is exaggerated at those times of day.

Just changed season at 19.21pm and no difference, then went and changed to Dusk and it reverted to the same as my first pic in the post.

I wouldn't know where to start and Ian no longer develops. Dusk & dawn transitions have always been quirky with how light-mapped textures take over the day ones. I'm putting this in the same bucket. 

When building the quads we are only addressing showstoppers such as replacing the windsocks with ObjectFlow controlled ones when required.

If we were to start addressing every little thing then these ports would not have been free or released quickly. Hence our decision, v2 content straight to v3 and only fixing showstoppers and addressing other minor items that are easily fixed without source files. 

I take that as a "No" then Ed !!!! Fully understand the logic in your response and will leave it there. Just thought i would ask if the fix would be "simple" Clearly not so if someone like you " wouldn't know where to start and Ian no longer develops".

Thanks for your attention to the post as always.

Thanks Graham. Don't understand why it is so random as it certainly doesn't happen in many other FTX products. Just seems to be so isolated a problem. I would have thought it would be more widespread if it was a LM problem, but heck what do i know !! P3D must be reading something wrong for it to have this problem and my untrained and lack of knowledge assumes it is reading something that is presented to it.

Thanks for your input and I will research through the LM site.

After further testing I have eliminated the excessive bloom at Dusk by removing ORBX_YBUD_LIGHT_LM from the Textures file of YBUD.

I obviously don't now get the parking area lit but as the pic shows there is still ambient light which is far better than the white out that appears at dusk with the bloom effect. This is with HDR off. Dusk is fine (pic 1) Night tho is dark (pic 2)

56d8147ec2ed1_Newlook1.thumb.JPG.8c2010756d81487a8443_Newlook2.thumb.JPG.30c8271

Archived