My 2016 Drone Showreel

rockliffe

Hi Howard,

Stunning stuff.. Just had one of those hovering over my house for 15 minutes taking aerial shots of next door who are selling their property.. Very annoying - are there any rules that you have to abide by when hovering over private property whilst filming something else?. Don't get me wrong, your stuff is brilliant, but those drones can be very intrusive at 40 ft or so above your house!

Kev;)

On 10/24/2016 at 2:56 PM, mikee said:

Super Great Amazing Video Howard !!! Very Well Done ... :rolleyes:

Just Bought a DJI Phantom 3 Standard !B) 

Mike

Thumbs up Mike, cheers.

On 10/25/2016 at 10:31 PM, BladderBoy said:

Stunning, beautiful, professional work. 

Thanks matey

On 10/26/2016 at 9:11 AM, Torchy821 said:

Hi Howard,

Stunning stuff.. Just had one of those hovering over my house for 15 minutes taking aerial shots of next door who are selling their property.. Very annoying - are there any rules that you have to abide by when hovering over private property whilst filming something else?. Don't get me wrong, your stuff is brilliant, but those drones can be very intrusive at 40 ft or so above your house!

Kev;)

Hi Kev, sure, but you know, they really aren't anymore annoying than next door mowing their lawn. I do appreciate what you're saying. It sounds to me that they were not a professional operator and if they were shooting commercially then they were breaking the law. As anyone who does not hold the relevent CAA approval with the appropriate qualifications and insurance, should not be flying commercially. If they were unqualified, not only should they not be undergoing such work, they should not be flying closer than 150 mtrs from a property, vehicle or person not under their control. If they were qualified, then the distance is reduced to 50mtrs. They should have at least informed you of their activity. We recently had to shoot some material for a production company that entailed us flying in a housing estate. We contacted about 60 resident in the task area, informing them of our activity and allowing them enough time to call us and discuss any concerns they might have had. Most of it is common sense.

On 10/26/2016 at 4:29 PM, teecee said:

I have not been "home" since 1972, but this vid really makes me homesick for the "auld sod". Wonderful! thanks for posting. Teecee.

Cheers Teecee. Don't get too home sick though :)

Archived