No taxiway or runway textures @ KVNY & KSMO

bmaack

I have been fighting with this for a while...I have also gone through the forum to see if anyone else is experiencing what I am, but could not fine any.  I have noticed that both the taxiway & runway textures do not show for these two airports...

I currently have installed the following region specific ORBX products: 

• Southern Cal.
  • Vector
  • Global
  • L70

Other 3rd Party productas:

• FSDT - KLAX
  • Latinvfr - Orange County
  • Sim720 - KSBA
  • LongBeach - Freeware
  • Ontario - Freeware
  • Pilot's FS Global 2010 FTX

There may be other airports where this problem exists, but these are the ones I utilize a lot. 

Regards 

Brian 

fss0460880

fss0460670

fss0460135

fss0460131

fss0456814

fss0456426

fss0444770

fss0433353

fss0419643

fss0378310

fss0377071

fss0376654

fss0364795

fss0360321

fss0358775

fss0313878

fss0256183

fss0247367

fss0244511

fss0232256

ScreenHunter_04 Feb. 15 10.11.jpg

ScreenHunter_05 Feb. 15 10.13.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

this type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire FSX directory for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KVNY*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file and folder names. An example of that approach is

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

well, those are exactly the files that should be active for those two airports given your combination of add-ons so I'm not sure why the taxiway/runway textures are AWOL. Does the road tunnel at KVNY with its portal embedded at either side of the airport show correctly?

Check your scenery library order against the post below. If that looks OK then I'd suggest temporarily deactivating any add-on folders above the Orbx FTX block to check whether they have anything to do with the issue. 

Cheers, Holger

Somebody can correct me on this, but all your addon airports and sceneries should be placed above the Orbx stuff.  Use FTX Central to adjust your insertion point so that the Orbx label/entry is placed below your addons.  You can see from Voyager's post above that this should be the case.

Hi there,

whether the third-party airports need to be above the Orbx/FTX block or not depends on whether there's any spatial overlap. If that isn't the case then the order isn't important.

The presence of the tunnel portals means that the flattens are correct. I really don't know what might cause taxiways and runways to disappear in this manner.

Try deactivating the FTXAA_AIRPORTS entry. Both KVNY and KSMO were previously released as Global freeware airports. The SCA installer is meant to remove any duplicates (and your file search didn't show any either) but who knows...

Cheers, Holger

I tried that...same result.  Today I decided to do a VFR flight from Agua Dulce (L70) to view the greater LA landscape, after disabling a file from FSDreamteam's LAXv2 (TERRENOFSX.bgl)...hoping that that was part of the problem.  What I uncovered while flying is a number of airports without runway textures visible...here is a list of some of them...KSZP(Santa Paula), KCMA(Camarillo), KOXR(Oxnard), Point Mugu NAS. In addition, I noticed that no autogen is visible around Agua Dulce even with it at maximum settings.   I think at this pointiii it is better for me to do a complete rebuild of my scenery folder...there is a corrupt file in here and I not sure what it is at this point....

• 6 months later...

Archived