2048 textures or HD clouds

Benny

I'm trying to find why I have OOM or CTD lately, and fast, I'm trying to finished a cool video on ESSA and thing are not working well.

As suggested by JV:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few more tips:

- If you're using FSX, *don't* use 2048 textures or HD clouds anywhere. There is a good reason MS restricted textures to 1024 and clouds to 256/512.

- Flying the NGX into a heavy scenery region and a heavy airport with a bunch of weather and other apps active and traffic sliders over 15% is just inviting trouble in FSX, it's just common sense really.

- Don't use more than 2.0 water shaders in FSX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I was using HD clouds with Environment X, fixed!!!

Now, that 2048 texture thing, is it a scenery or-and a plane thing???? Or is it something I can change in my FSX config???

Is it something that is embedded in the config file??? Can I change it manually??? or it's something I choose in the region-airport section...

I'm lost and I'm not trying to do a double post, my thread was closed and I don't even know why??? Maybe the words chosen in my topic was not right because I'm French speaking. I sometime don't choose the right words. This thread was a suggestion, nothing else! So the few of us having problem could exchange idea and solution.

Thanks you for any help.

Ben

42 minutes ago, Cabby said:

In the FSX Cfg :   

[GRAPHICS]

Texture_Max_Load=1024

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is what I was looking for!

If I may, by doing so, even if I click higher resolution in some scenery/airplane config will it stay at 1024? Or it will move back to higher setting?

Thanks again

Ben

Just now, neucoas said:

I allways used DXT5 512bit textures, they looked more real to me.

Thanks also, I was looking at my Environment X setting and I didn't know what to choose, DXT5 or 32 bit or something!!!

What is DXT5 by the way?

Ben

Just now, neucoas said: I allways used DXT5 512bit textures, they looked more real to me.

Thanks also, I was looking at my Environment X setting and I didn't know what to choose, DXT5 or 32 bit or something!!!

What is DXT5 by the way?

Ben

Technically dont know, i think its about the quality of the texture. I use DXT5 because its lighter and couldn't see any difference

Thanks to all, I was at Texture_Max_Load=1024 already but my cloud texture where at 4K res from Environment x.

So I guess ASN is using the Environment X cloud texture.. ?

I was able to finish flying and take my missing shot of ESSA.... YES!

Ben

Hi guys, just a report that lowering my cloud texture did improve my FPS... and no OOM today.

I don't even see the difference in cloud definition between high res and lower one?

Flight between San Diego and LA in the QW 757 was around 22-30FPS...

Ben

Archived