Transparent buildings and traffic lights - Global Base FSX

Andreas90

Hello!

I have FTX Global Base installed used for FSX and I have an issue that many buildings and all traffic lights are transparent, see screenshot below (Vancouver city and airport).

2016-1-3_13-3-42-369-Kopia.png

Generally all buildings appears correct at close distance but becomes transparent the further away you go. I have mid-range graphic settings according to the Global Base manual. I have experimented with lower graphic settings but the problems remain.

Anyone know how to resolve this or can it be derived to the hardware?

My hardware:

Intel Quad Core overclooked to 3,0 GHz

4 GB RAM DDR3

512 mb graphic memory

Conventional hard disc, no SSD

Thanks in advance

Andreas

On 2016-02-04 at 6:46 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Andreas and welcome to the forums.

Those may be caused by your running FSX in Direct X 10 mode.

Try un-ticking the Direct X 10 preview box on the in game Display

settings page and see if they go away.

Thanks for your answer. I have tried to find this DX 10 setting with no result, my display setting page look like this:

Displaysettings.png

Can I disable DX 10 in another way, perhaps in windows and not in the game?

I double checked the graphic card and the device manager says the graphic card has 1024 mb dedicated video memory.

I think there can be three reasons why you don't see the Direct X 10 option.

The first is most unlikely, that your graphics card cannot handle that Direct X version.

The second is that you have the remains of shader modification software, such as

Sweet FX left in your FSX root folder.

The third is that you do not have Acceleration and you have also not updated FSX to

service pack 2.

I now checked what type of DirectX version I use by looking in DX diagnostic tool, the version I use is DirectX 11. I use FSX standard version and I acctually did not know that service packs were available for FSX (flightsim newbie). Can I install service pack 2 without reinstalling Global Base? And after this, should I install DirectX 10 instead of 11?

Archived