YBCS Lights not working in Prepar3D V3

flying-w

I've just installed the new YBCS quad installer into Prepar3D V3.  The performance is spectacular, but one thing I've noticed is I don't have any runway and airport lights at night.  Looking at other topics, it's similar to the issue described here: www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98961-taxiwayrunway-lights-not-working-ybcs/

However I tried moduleinstaller and that did not resolve the situation.  In fact I think ObjectFlow is working to an extent, if I trace the Prepar3D Simconnect server I can see the DLL is receiving callbacks per frame with the user aircraft position amongst other things so this doesn't appear to be a simple dll.xml problem.  Also according to the objectflow log, the DLL found the XML files for YBCS.  Therefore it seems there's something wrong when it comes to placing the objects.

I have the ORBX Libraries from mid December, and the updated ObjectFlow.dll for Prepar3D V3.1

Many thanks

Simon

YBCS.PNG

ObjectFlow_P3D.log

G'day Simon,

Thanks for the nice feedbak on YBCS :) Thanks also for taking the time to search the forums and try some previous fixes - much appreciated. The next step is to 100% verify that Objectflow is working across the board for you. Could you please check the windsocks during the day at YBCS - if they are fully visible, then OF is working, if only the pole is displaying, then OF is not. Let me know how you go. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

No problem, as a fellow add-on developer I get to experience both ends of the stick!

I went on a windsock hunt just now and failed to locate it.  Maybe I was looking in the wrong place, but I translated the coordinates from the XML file into the user position and ended up as seen in the following screenshot.  No sign of a windsock.  Am I in the right place?

Thanks

Simon

YBCS Windsock.PNG

G'day Simon,

Sorry I forgot to get back to you yesterday - by the looks of it, your Objectflow.dll doesn't appear to be working correctly; at Cairns the only components defined by OF are the airport lights and windsocks (in P3Dv3 and v2). Run the moduleinstaller again for good measure - ensure you run the "Uninstall Flight Simulator Modules" first, then run "Install Flight Simulator Modules" following that. 

Following that, it may be worth exploring your dll.xml a little further to make sure something hasn't corrupted it - if you haven't already, have a read of this topic

Let me know how you go,

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarad

No problem and thanks for getting back.

I agree the challenge is with Objectflow.dll.  Now some strange results after doing the ModuleInstall procedure.  Previously I was at least seeing ObjectFlow opening the SimConnect interface and being called back:

4.73786 DLL Loaded:  Path="D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll"  Version="1.0.11.4"
> 52.10432 [511, 1]Open: Version=0x00000007  Name="ObjectFlow_P3D.dll"
> 52.20307 [511, 2]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=71565313, SystemEventName="SimStart"
> 52.20325 [511, 3]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=4472840, SystemEventName="SimStop"

Now it doesn't seem to be opening the interface anymore:

6.10228 DLL Loaded:  Path="D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll"  Version="1.0.11.4"

(There are no further trace entries after this).

I checked Dependency Walker, and it said all was in order. 

Next I checked your log file:

Module started: 2016-02-04 07:26:36.585
Module name: ObjectFlow_P3D.dll
FS type: 4123
FS version: 3.1.2.15831
Module version: 1.0.11.4 / 1.0.11.4
Scenery.cfg: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\scenery.cfg

Placement XMLs found: 12

D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\scenery\ORBX_YMML_PLC_AF_Lights_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (989)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\scenery\ORBX_YMML_PLC_Edge_Lights_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (97)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\westsim_YBCS_placement_FX_Airport_Airside_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (684)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\westsim_YBCS_placement_FX_Airport_Non_Airside_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (564)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\westsim_YBCS_placement_FX_City1_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (168)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\westsim_YBCS_placement_FX_City2_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (366)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\westsim_YBCS_placement_mandatory_fishing_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (4)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\westsim_YBCS_placement_mandatory_rwylights_2_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (67)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\westsim_YBCS_placement_mandatory_rwylights_3_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (97)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\westsim_YBCS_placement_mandatory_rwylights_4_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (304)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\westsim_YBCS_placement_mandatory_rwylights_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (399)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\westsim_YBCS_placement_Windsocks_ObjectFlow.xml  :  (12)

So the DLL is loaded and is running, but seems to be having problems with SimConnect now.  Your DLL is the only one loaded right now, I've turned the other DLLs and EXEs off in their respective XML files.  As far as I can see there's no systematic problem with SimConnect, as it works fine for all the other add-ons using it.

Is there a more details log for ObjectFlow.dll, some option that can be turned on, to explain the behaviour?

Thanks

Simon

As far as I can tell, the only lights I have on the runway are the green taxiway lights.  Again I'm seeing ObjectFlow.dll loaded but not opening the interface with SimConnect (at least successfully anyway).  Meanwhile Coualt, AddOnManagerX, FSXSound2 and STBSimPlugin all do so.

Thanks

Simon

YMML.PNG

I would just like to add how I was having a problem with runway lights at night where I would see the green and blue taxi lights but no runway edge lights at various fields. It ended up being the video driver. I updated my video driver and it fixed the problem.  Never in a million years would I of guess that the video driver would be the issue being that I could see other lights but just not the white runway lights.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I figured this one out in the end and it's my fault ;-)

A little while ago I installed a 3rd party firewall and it's default action is to block everything unless you tell it otherwise.  For some reason it had stopped notifying me when a new application was trying to communicate, hence objectFlow running under the auspices of Prepar3D was being silently blocked when it tried to talk to SimConnect.  I think the other SimConnect applications got away with it as perhaps they are all uses the pipe interface, and perhaps objectflow is using the IP?  Either way I'm a very happy user and can't thank you enough for the support.

Simon

Archived