LIDA tips and question

dominique

I did my second flight to LIDA, this evening, from Geneva this time, with the Comanche. At Asiago, the wind was coming from the West and I naturally selected RW 26. Baaad idea. Not much visibility and a steep final.

So I went to search infos. RW 26 is forbidden for landing, 08 is compulsory  ! To add insult to injury, I did a South downwind when this is reserved to gliders, aircraft do a North downwind :lol:.  Here is what I found if that may help :

http://www.enav.it/enavWebPortalStatic/AIP/AD/AD2/ADSDA1-1.pdf

Now, that's interesting, you must take off from 26 and you must land on 08, and the circuit is North.  How to do it  :huh: ?

Great little airfield, trickier than I thought. (thats a compliment Sylvain !)

Yes, Dominique normally, landing is always at runway 8 and take off only from runway 26. That's due to the steep approach and the village of Gallio just behind the hill. Too dangerous. I tried to reproduce this but there were too many problems with AI traffic.

Making them take off from ry 26 is easy, just remove the runway start at ry 8 but when doing so it was impossible to make AI aircraft land at ry8 so I decided to keep both starts. 

My first tests with AI traffic was a disaster: always ended with missed approach or crash in the mountain. I have changed landing pattern: right hand when you take off from ry 26 and left hand from ry 8 so you never have to fly North. Look at the cessna (mooney acclaim in P3D) that makes touch and go's.

On 31/1/2016 at 8:56 PM, dominique said:

Now, that's interesting, you must take off from 26 and you must land on 08, and the circuit is North.  How to do it  :huh: ?

I never flew there (in real) and, like you, was abused not to open the local chart ! I took-off from runway 26 and made a south/left hand circuit (with a SEP plane) ;-) Maybe could it be something notice to downloader. As Dominique said, nor only the Prepar3D/Fsx scenery is great but the airfield has some easter egg 

I guess that your question is how to make a full circuit/pattern. My guess (I never flew in this region) is that it's not possible. Like in mountain* airfield where one QFU is dedicated to landing and the opposite for take-off : LFLJ (Courchevel), LFHU (Alpe d'Huez), LFKX (Méribel)... Or like an airfield I know a little bit more : TFFJ (St-Barth) where runway 28 is reserved for landing and the left hand circuit is tricky.

The two circuits in LIDA allows segregation of glider and aircraft. Aircraft can join the left downwind for runway 08 (paved/concrete) and glider join the right hand circuit for the same by grass runway.

Certainly a local pilot may confirmed all that ?

This last video make me though that I forgot to have a look at the scenery in winter season :

24732827486_15b9ba880d_b_d.jpg

24665565901_51f03cf6ab_b_d.jpg

Archived