ENNO Notodden

rolandvg99

First of all, this airport is great!

Had a few teething problems with installation. ObjectFlow couldn't fing any new layers in my FSX Steam roaming profile. While installing EU Norway there was somehow created a FSX roaming profile alongside my FSX-Steam one (this is a fresh Windows 10 install with no previous install of FSX). Had to manually copy all the files ENNO airport installer created in FSX to FSX-Steam and re-run the ObjectFlow library. It now works, but there are some minor issues still left to solve. These relate to spring, summer and fall scenarios:

• Flickering at the airport/road intersection
  • Elevated scenery/water tile outside "Tinnegrend" train stop

Otherwise - excellent!

2016-01-31_00022.jpg

2016-01-31_00017.jpg

2016-01-31_00018.jpg

2016-01-31_00014.jpg

2016-01-31_00015.jpg

Found another small bug: When flying upstream above the river there is a crash detection around 100 ft above and around the blue bridge where E134, and the iron bridge upstream from it: "Heddalsvegen" (the old main road towards Heddal stave church), crosses "Tinneelva" (the river dividing Notodden City". 

I can confirm this, but absolutely cannot understand why it's happening. I've been flying all over the town for days and hours. I've taken a lot of screen shots right over and on approach to these bridges from up and down stream. All of a sudden this morning I can repeat this crash with every attempt 100% over and in the vicinity of the blue bridge. It idefinitely is not an overspeed crash, while I can't engage the V key when it crashes here is what I did to confirm this issue. Set up a flight on runway 12 with the Trike, place the sim in either "Pause" or "Slew" mode, pull down the map from the FSX tool bar (ALT key to bring up) World / Map. In the map place the following: Coordinates N59.33.51 and E9.15.16 Altitude 400 feet, heading 90degrees, Airspeed 0. Leave the sim in "Pause" or "Slew" mode. When you click OK button on the map it will take you to this exact spot. Now save the flight while it is still in "Pause" or "Slew" mode ((I named it ENNO Crash). Now you can recall this with different settings in the scenery library or FTX Central without having to fly to this area each time to set it up. It's happened to me at a variety of altitudes over this general area as well.

2016-2-8_10-49-44-982.jpg

I've tried my best to retrace my steps to see what I did before this issue started happening to me. In FTX Central after ENNO installed it's config had all 4 entries for People Flow, Car Traffic, B200, and Animated train checked and I have not made any changes there.

In the Norway Config I switched between frozen and open water once but that was early on after installation and the problem was not yet occurring. I keep animated windfarms unchecked in all my region packs when I install them, too many stutters in my system with them activated. I did, however, engage the 3 AI Traffic entries as the last FTX Central thing I did yesterday after I was done flying for the day. I had them all unchecked after the initial install and didn't engage them until after yesterdays session. Suddenly this morning I got the bridge crash issue. Now how GA, Passenger, and Military traffic could be the culprit makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

In FTX Central I've played with every combination of Global Group (with and without Hybrid engaged), and Europe Region Group, and switching between the 2. In the scenery library I've tried with and without Global OLC Region 2 (Scandinavia) engaged or disengaged, FSGlobal Ultimate mesh is always disengaged in the scenery library, I only use it when I fly in Global territory never in Region Packs, and I'm not a "Hybrid" user, and I'm primarily a Region Pack flyer. Per FTX Central and the FSX Scenery Library, the location of all entries is correct.

I have no idea why this is all of a sudden happening to me but as I said it is 100% repeatable for me. If no one else can reproduce this them I guess I'll have to do a complete reinstall of ENNO and hope that will fix the problem.

Thanks for reading.

Hi flight. Pretty thorough testing yoy have been doing here

However, I can confirm that this has nothing to do with either objectflow or AI traffic.

I got reports on the crashboxes of the bridges in beta, when I added the platforms for the AI cars to drive across properly. I thought I removed all the crashboxes though, but apparently not.

Don't think most people fly as low as 100 feet over the city though, but I'll look into it. FSX only or p3d as well?

Finn

FSX dx9 only in my install, It's happened to me at various altitudes at this spot as high as 700 feet I think.

The thing that confuses me is I must have made some sort of change, or change back of something that is not taking hold.

(If P3D ever comes out with a version at 64 bit that actually makes a real and meaningful difference in how FSX performs, I'll look into it).

Thanks Finn

Finn,

A bit more follow up: I couldn't understand how I was able to take screen shots around and over the blue bridge without the Trike crashing prior to Feb 7. On a whim I checked my System Restore and what do I find but a restore point taken by the system on Feb 3, 4 days before I noticed the crash issue. So I rolled it back and after double checking FTX Central Norway and ENNO config settings and the scenery library order (all were okay) I flew over the bridge and promptly crashed at 200 feet above the river. I reset the flight but this time slewed over the bridge without issue. Apparently one can slew over the blue bridge but not fly over it and I usually put the sim into slew mode to take screenshots. Mystery solved.

Archived