Anyone tried Nvidia 361.75 drivers ?

Mikelab6

23 hours ago, Triplane said:

I installed them today. I've flown about 30 minutes in both FSX and P3D and haven't seen anything strange yet. I'll be able to get more time in tomorrow and if anything comes up I'll update this post.

Doug

I spent a little over 6 hours today with P3D and never hit a problem. The performance is no better that the old drivers but there seems to be nothing negative either. The only reference I can find regarding a problem using FSX is a report of "flashing" but I didn't see any.

Doug

I've been using them over the weekend on P3D 2.5 (~6 hrs), and haven't noticed any problems.

I think quite a few Nvidia releases are to optimise some newly-released big-budget game, and don't really affect much else.  Or maybe they've just got better at not breaking stuff!

21 hours ago, Triplane said:

I spent a little over 6 hours today with P3Dv3.1 and never hit a problem. The performance is no better that the old drivers but there seems to be nothing negative either. The only reference I can find regarding a problem using FSX is a report of "flashing" but I didn't see any.

Doug

Another flight today. SFO-MCO in FSX with the PMDG 737NGX. All went well with the new drivers. No problems but no improvements either.

Doug

All updated driver releases should provide a user with the information they need to determine if the driver update is really needed.  nVidia always provides that information with new driver releases.  If the driver update is not going to do anything to improve your current use of the GPU, you don't need to do the update.  As someone already mentioned, many times an nVidia driver update is made to support a new game release for a game you may not even have on your computer.  If that is the case, and your old driver version is working fine for you, you don't need to do the update.  If you have  purchase the "game" the driver was updated for, then you would want to do the update.

Below is the PDF file for the 361.75 driver update, direct from the nVidia driver update/download page.  The first 12-ish pages of it tell you EVERY reason the update was released...what the driver is supposed to improve, what it WON'T improve, and considerations for the Operating System you will be using it on.

The information is always out there with the driver.  Some people benefit from the upgrade, some will see no difference.  Just because someone else installed it on their computer and says "It works fine" is no guarantee it will do the same for you.  Even though you both may be using the same flight simulator, your other hardware and software configurations may be quite different.  Read the information for the driver update.  If it applies to your computer setup, do the update.  It nothing in the update is designed to improve YOUR computer performance, you can safely skip the update. 

In other words...."If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  :D    

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/361.75/361.75-win10-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Archived