Blurry textures

Hi folks, I'm getting blurry textures loading everywhere I fly. I've not changed anything on my system and I can't for the life of me work out what's causing it.

Global, Europe LC, So Cal and Vector installed plus various add on airports.

i7 4790k, GTX970

If anyone can advise what might be wrong I'd be very grateful! Config attached if that helps

Prepar3D.cfg

Hello,

If that was FSX, I would advise you that the level of detail radius is a bit small.

I don't have P3D but I guess that there is a similar setting.

It is normal to have less detail and autogen in the distance.

I think the objects you can see in the distance are scenery objects rather than

autogen which is why they still display.

So, it was my NVIDIA drivers. I rolled back to 359.00 (19/11/15) and everything seems much better.

I wish I could get back the hours of my life I spent trying to fix this.

And if NVIDIA Experience asks you to update your drivers please think twice!

5 hours ago, keino333 said:

Simple fix....defrag....

Check to see what % your drive is Fragmented.  If 5% to 10% or more...there's your answer.

Hi, Windows 10 keeps the defrag in check so wasn't that, was my NVIDIA driver version see post a bit further up :)

19 hours ago, pilotphilip said:

So, it was my NVIDIA drivers. I rolled back to 359.00 (19/11/15) and everything seems much better.

I wish I could get back the hours of my life I spent trying to fix this.

And if NVIDIA Experience asks you to update your drivers please think twice!

This was my experience exactly.  Spent hours fighting blurry textures, rolled back to 359.00 and I was good again.

5 hours ago, GlennH said:

its highly unlikely a driver would cause blurry textures. My guess is you will see this issue resurface.

I don't know why it would, seems other people see the same issue and its 100% fixed the problem I was seeing.

3 hours ago, pilotphilip said:

I don't know why it would, seems other people see the same issue and its 100% fixed the problem I was seeing.

So how do you explain many people running 361.43 (or any other beyond version 359) with zero issues on blurry textures?

FSX / ESP code is 10 years old. New GPU drivers rarely make any difference to FSX / P3D performance. The only notable exception of late is where certain lights didn't function in 2.x version of P3D.

Perhaps if your driver was not installed properly to start with?

Archived