Sedona and Monterey Orbx approaches in Ultrawide 21:9 compared to 16:9 video

vbazillio

Bonjour Vincent

A telling and useful comparison as the question of knowing whether a higher res brings more real estate to the screen is a recurring one on FS forums.

Not surprised by the extension of the FoV which is to be expected but by the smoothness of the simulation flow at 3440. Your machine is a good one but not the strongest that the market can offer now.  I have my doubts that my 780ti could drive a 3440*1440 res. without stutter with my parameter settings. My first experience with DSR was not conclusive, not to say not encouraging. I may wait the Nvidia next gen.  to go 4k. Jury is still out.

Also, I never fly like that  as I don't have external physical gauges. Does having the VC view strain more the fluidity or help ?

BTW is it Shadoplay or Fraps ?

Thanks to all for your messages.

1 hour ago, dominique said:

Also, I never fly like that  as I don't have external physical gauges. Does having the VC view strain more the fluidity or help ?

So do I. It was only for the record puprose. I only fly in VC mode. My guess is that displaing gauges and virtual cockpit demand more than expanded  the field of view.

1 hour ago, dominique said:

BTW is it Shadoplay or Fraps ?

nVidia Shadowplay.

Actually to adress the situationnal awareness, I'm using a TrackIR. No other best solution if you want to manage correctly circuits.

Extending the view with an ultrawide screen doesn't bring enough range. If you're not considering TrackIR, you should add two Ultrawide monitor at the left and right side ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived