No Scenery! Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific

sward

I have a fresh install of FSX Steam and FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific - i have launched the FTX Central and activated North America but still no scenery 

Help! 

Here's my diagnostic report 

ot8a926cd7414e0702086abfba26ac1a3a

TIA

Steve

FSS0380583

13 hours ago, spud said:

FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific?? 

Are you referring to FTX Global Open LC NA Alaska/Canada?  I don't see an ORBX offering with the name you quote.

Here's the name of the installer: OrbxFTXNABluePNW180

Ok were speaking of the ORBX PNW region.  I do not run FSX Steam so I'll have to qualify my suggestions but some things will help and are universal to both versions.

First thing is switch out of "winter" not much detail because things are covered with snow.  Second anytime you post a screen shot always include the Lat/Long coordinates (SHFT Z) that way other can duplicate location, heading and altitude exactly.

I attach screen shots as close to yours as possible to show what I see.  Because KSEA is showing 3 runways you do have PNW installed (unless you have 3rd party addons for KSEA, or Steam includes all 3 runways in its default KSEA.)  Can any Steam user's verify 2 or 3 runways?

GCS_103.jpg

GCS_102.jpg

5 hours ago, spud said:

Ok were speaking of the ORBX PNW region.  I do not run FSX Steam so I'll have to qualify my suggestions but some things will help and are universal to both versions.

First thing is switch out of "winter" not much detail because things are covered with snow.  Second anytime you post a screen shot always include the Lat/Long coordinates (SHFT Z) that way other can duplicate location, heading and altitude exactly.

I attach screen shots as close to yours as possible to show what I see.  Because KSEA is showing 3 runways you do have PNW installed (unless you have 3rd party addons for KSEA, or Steam includes all 3 runways in its default KSEA.)  Can any Steam user's verify 2 or 3 runways?

This is MUCH better! Thank you! 

Frame rate is excellent! Any tips on tweaking so i don't have scenery 'popping' into view as it renders?

FSX Screenshot4.PNG

FSX Screenshot5.PNG

Usually scenery 'popping' up as you fly around if CPU related and there are some things that can be tweaked but as I only experience this very occasionally and only in scenery intensive locations (like KSEA).  I lock my FPS at 30 which produces very smooth FSX performance and do not attempt to "chase FPS" as that will simply drive you nuts!  Try flying away from the Seattle area into the 'nether' regions and popping scenery shouldn't be noticed.

The simulation is very CPU intensive and areas around large cities will tax even the best systems.

Sward

Set month of June (most greenery) and morning few hours after sunrise or dusk before sunset for best scenery rendering IMHO. Running Windows 10 FSX in Vista Spk 2 compat mode Geforce 950 2gb with 16gb RAM. Copied my FSX settings pages for your persual. What are you running ??gb RAM. Your Geforce 960 has 2gb onboard same as my 950.

Fly to waterfront compare to my default scenery cranked up to max.I haven't yet purchase FXT NA PNW  thinking about like my FTX NA NRM.

Mr.D

1.1KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG

1.2KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG

1.3KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG

1.4KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG

1.5KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG

1.6KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG

1.7KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG

1.8KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG

1.9KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG

2.0KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG

2.1KSEA FSX Spk2 W10.JPG