Many duplicate airport bgl files installed

B77X

After running the latest freeware North American airport pack update, I have some duplicate files installed, for example here is the airport CED3

ADEX_FTX_FTXG_CED3

and

ADE_FTX_FTXG_CED3

The same happens for some other airports so far I have found CED3, CED5, CEF3, CEN2, CEW5, CFD4, CJE3, CVL2, CYMJ, CYXE, CYYQ

ADEX is the newer version is it safe to delete the ADE files?

Also CYCB airport was not found by the AEC scanner the Vector bgl files were not disabled.

Hi B77x,

I would say its safe to remove the older files.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

I do show CYCB in my enabled AEC list and CYCB looked OK here so it doesn't look like it needs to be disabled.  I got this info from Larry and passed it on in the airport listing.

Cheers, Neil

Sorry about the duplicate files. I think the most recent files before the new group were ADEX so the ADE may have been there for a while. Do delete the older files. CYCB should have the AEC enabled as it was not possible to use the original FSX elevation - It looks much better with the new elevation.

Larry

Actually its not uncommon for the Auto Configuration scan to miss airports that still require being disabled manually.  Just look at the text file that lists the latest Global Freeware airports.  Six airports in the new batch need to be manually disabled in the VECTOR Configuration Tool.

I Ran the Autoconfig after installing the latest Global Airports but it missed the six airports noted to be disabled in the .txt file.

13 minutes ago, spud said:

Actually its not uncommon for the Auto Configuration scan to miss airports that still require being disabled manually.  Just look at the text file that lists the latest Global Freeware airports.  Six airports in the new batch need to be manually disabled in the VECTOR Configuration Tool.

I Ran the Autoconfig after installing the latest Global Airports but it missed the six airports noted to be disabled in the .txt file.

the scanner should find all airports and disable them, it does for most others.

3 hours ago, B77X said:

the scanner should find all airports and disable them, it does for most others.

Not if Vector doesn't detect an elevation problem, ie, if Vector's elevation data agrees with FSX Default's data.  If Orbx (or another developer, like FSDT) uses different elevation data, then there are elevation errors which must be corrected manually.  Thus, the note to disable AEC of certain airports in that list of NA Freeware airports.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7.1.2016 at 3:23 PM, B77X said:

After running the latest freeware North American airport pack update, I have some duplicate files installed, for example here is the airport CED3

ADEX_FTX_FTXG_CED3

and

ADE_FTX_FTXG_CED3

The same happens for some other airports so far I have found CED3, CED5, CEF3, CEN2, CEW5, CFD4, CJE3, CVL2, CYMJ, CYXE, CYYQ

Hi David,

have you found any other duplicate files or are these all?

Greetings!

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2016 at 6:36 AM, Bermuda425 said:

Hi David,

have you found any other duplicate files or are these all?

Greetings!

Not for the North American AIrport pack, but I have for various Orbx regions you can look at my post history I have a couple topics on these airports found.

The files have been fixed to eliminate duplicate bgl files. If you have SoCal region installed just delete the entire folder and reinstall. If you don't have SoCal and have duplicate files the installer will not reinstall SoCal area airports so you may have to delete some duplicate files manually. All the new files use ADE not ADEX.

Larry

After reading this thread, I checked my FTXG_AIRPORTS folder and found a bunch of ADEX files. So I need to delete all of these ? Or am I supposed to delete the folder and FTX central will reinstall, or I need to DL the US pack separately ? I have SoCal installed.

You could check if you have duplicates. Some people have reported problems although not everyone. Some of the older files do have ADEX. If you have no duplicates (CED3, CED5, CEF3, CEN2, CEW5, CFD4, CJE3, CVL2, CYMJ, CYXE, CYYQ ) leave them alone. If you do and have So Cal installed I would just delete the FTXG_AIRPORTS folder and reinstall the freeware airports. The new file should have no duplicates but does not include the old SoCal freeware airports.

Larry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17.3.2016 at 11:02 AM, B77X said:

Latest installer has the same issue with CYMJ it installs both an ADE and ADEX bgl file for this airport

CYYQ still not fixed. Also has ADE and ADEX files.

Right, I wonder if we can simply delete the ADEX files. Let's wait for Larry to comment on this.

Archived