No Static Aircraft at KBVS (Skagit)

wolfko

I have got no static aircraft at KBVS. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the static aircraft option on the control panel and even have uninstalled and reinstalled the airport but to no avail. 

Actually I'm not even sure if there should be any static aircraft at KBVS though, because I haven't seen any KBVS product screenshot or video with static aircraft on it.

Please clarify, if I'm missing something or if the static aircraft option on the control panel is just there by error. Thanks in advance!  

Edit: I'm running KBVS on P3d2.4

Hi Wolfgang, 

I've checked my KBVS installation and have about 6-7 static GA aircraft scattered across the airport; see screenshots, without any AI traffic active. The placement file is named ORBX_KBVS_PLC_STATIC_AC.BGL and located in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBVS\Scenery. The models themselves are delivered with KBVS itself (ORBX_KBVS_LIB_BATCHED.bgl) so if the placement file is active I can't think of any reason why the aircraft wouldn't display.

Cheers, Holger

KBVS static aircrat 1.jpg

KBVS static aircrat 2.jpg

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your reply. I have  ORBX_KBVS_PLC_STATIC_AC.BGL active and it is located in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBVS\Scenery. I haven't found an  ORBX_KBVS_LIB_BATCHED.bgl but only an ORBX_KBVS_LIB.bgl which is also located in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBVS\Scenery. Is this the same file? 

Edit: the   ORBX_KBVS_PLC_STATIC_AC.BGL file has got only 1 KB. Is this correct?

Hi Wolfgang,

it appears that there are discrepancies between v1.10 and 1.15 of KBVS. My screenshots in FSX were with the 1.10 version while I've now checked in P3D with the 1.15 version and the ORBX_KBVS_LIB_BATCHED.bgl  is indeed missing even tough it's the library file that contains the two static aircraft models. Many other changes between the two version's file sets and it's probably just an oversight. I've pinged Ed to check whether it's just a matter of adding the batched library back in or whether that somehow conflicts with P3D.

Cheers, Holger

Archived