KEGE - wow

Kilstorm

Been ferrying my Accusimed Comanche back from the east coast to what will be its home at 2W3 and today I did a flight from A beautiful addon KDEN to to the immersive FTX KEGE.  It was a winter wonderland of just below freezing temps and clear skies.  I cant believe how much this KEGE addon covers in PR as I was coming in thinking its just around the corner as I ran the valley but no it was 15nm away.

However the real reason for writing this post is the feel I got when I landed there as I taxied to parking over behind the private jets.  As I taxied past the highly detailed terminal with all its ground support clutter and active people flow, I then came up to all the private jets with their limos and hummers and the feel of arriving at a very posh location.  I secured my plane, went into avatar mode and walked to the FBO where I saved my flight.  Tomorrows leg is to KJAC so from one Jarrad field to another.  After that its a leap to 77S before working my way up to 2W3 once its ready for P3D.

I love all of Jarrad fields but this was the first time I got to use my purchase of KEGE and man what a great location.  I'll be flying in and out of here later in the JetStream 41 doing shuttles to KDEN once my FSPax pilot rating is high enough.

Yet another very satisfied customer.

Sound like you have it all planned, me I just don't know where to go next as there are so many amazing places to fly.

I have just been flying in NCA near Yosemite and I am just blown away by the fantastic mountainous scenery and the ORBX Vans that I dusted off.

Had to break off to do a few things around the wig-wam before the wife comes home from work.

Very hard do tear myself away from the yoke when in such a great flight.

VH_KDK I spent the last week creating a syllabus type flight schedule for FSPassengersP3D that would let me have a way to fly all my favorite planes and use all my addon scenery.  Sometimes I just dont know where or what to fly because there are so many great options so by creating this build a pilot ranking in FSPax, I can start off doing air tours in the Cub at Stewart or Alice Springs and move on to things like shuttle flights in the C172 from that private strip near Milford Sound to Milford sound and on up to C182 airport hoping in the PNW and in England.  Start getting into the bigger planes with shuttle flights in the JS41 and finally up into the Dash 8.

And its not all FTX stuff but other great scenery addons and since I dont like to have long enroute times I then had to buy other scenery to pair some airports with or like buying the Simwings AN2 for a bush STOL plane to fly into the villages of AYPY since that dang PorterX is taking forever and  to finish and who knows when that DH2 from Milviz is going to be released.

It took a lot of time to create the kinds of flights I like to do and make them as close to realistic as possible with the kinds of plane to use and be able to use all my addon scenery collection! But I did it and look forward to spending 2016 exploring all of them via plane, helo and avatar.

Always interesting to hear what people are up to in their FS experience.

I suppose I am a CTRL+E flyer, not being into procedures. Just what is ATC?! I like to fly and look at the scenery. Take off, set the GPS, AP(if the plane has them) and go outside+ locked spot and look at the world passing by.

I fly everything except for modern military. Have just installed some Pacific Island Sim airports in the South Pacific as I am gradually building up places to fly in this area. I also have many airports from Indonesia to Japan and out to the Himalayas. I overcome the long flights especially over water by increasing the simulation rate.

So I am now off to Fua'amotu to do a bit of exploring.

10 hours ago, Kilstorm said:

VH_KDK I spent the last week creating a syllabus type flight schedule for FSPassengersP3D that would let me have a way to fly all my favorite planes and use all my addon scenery.  Sometimes I just dont know where or what to fly because there are so many great options so by creating this build a pilot ranking in FSPax, I can start off doing air tours in the Cub at Stewart or Alice Springs and move on to things like shuttle flights in the C172 from that private strip near Milford Sound to Milford sound and on up to C182 airport hoping in the PNW and in England.  Start getting into the bigger planes with shuttle flights in the JS41 and finally up into the Dash 8.

And its not all FTX stuff but other great scenery addons and since I dont like to have long enroute times I then had to buy other scenery to pair some airports with or like buying the Simwings AN2 for a bush STOL plane to fly into the villages of AYPY since that dang PorterX is taking forever and  to finish and who knows when that DH2 from Milviz is going to be released.

It took a lot of time to create the kinds of flights I like to do and make them as close to realistic as possible with the kinds of plane to use and be able to use all my addon scenery collection! But I did it and look forward to spending 2016 exploring all of them via plane, helo and avatar.

Getting back to the B377 and this  post gave me the wish to try FSPax . I downloaded the demo and just did a OAK-STS flight with the Comanche and two overweight ladies pax. That was not an easy flight, mostly in the muck and rain with some turbulences over Sgaggs Island ! I shot a RNAV RW32 approach with the GTN750.

It really gives an extra-dimension to simming that I somewhat overlooked these years. Something missing in flight simming is the stress of flying (the fear sometimes). With this first FSPax flight, I was stressed all right ;) because I wanted my final evaluation to be excellent (it was), I HAD to do the things the proper way. No sloppiness no corner cutting allowed. 30 minutes airborne of pure and unaltered fun.  

What do you mean by a syllabus ?

On 1/2/2016 at 9:31 AM, dominique said:

What do you mean by a syllabus ?

Might be using the word wrong but since I want to create a pilot in FSPax and have that pax earn his rank which unlocks certain planes to fly at various stages, I created a schedule or what I called syllabus of fly this plane at this airport(s) for this amount of times and then move on to the next.  In doing so I've created a way to enjoy all my addon fields and planes in a way that lets me change up locations and planes in a manner I will like which removes the tasking of "what to fly, where to fly?" I get sometimes due to having soo many addons.

13 hours ago, Kilstorm said:

Might be using the word wrong but since I want to create a pilot in FSPax and have that pax earn his rank which unlocks certain planes to fly at various stages, I created a schedule or what I called syllabus of fly this plane at this airport(s) for this amount of times and then move on to the next.  In doing so I've created a way to enjoy all my addon fields and planes in a way that lets me change up locations and planes in a manner I will like which removes the tasking of "what to fly, where to fly?" I get sometimes due to having soo many addons.

I see, kind of a career plan  in a multinational environment :)!  

What I find interesting in FSPax is the evaluation of your flying all along your flight, keeping you on your toes. I've still to look in the career mode. That would be for the 732 that I have as I suppose that A2A COTS is redundant with FSPax.

Yeah I love to use failures via FSPax on planes that are non A2A but dont really fly any of those anymore. Even the Dash 8 Pro has a built in failure system. When I use to fly the carenado planes it was great, I've had bird strikes, oil leaks, fuel leaks, blown tires, frozen gear and electrical issues.  The electrical issues were great because the power would come and go and you couldnt rely on your GPS because it wouldnt stay powered on long enough to see it. 

So yeah you have to stay in the cockpit all the time and scanning your gauges and even on the ground you cant rush things. I do believe that the FSPax failure only affects the failure modules in the sim so it wont fail the Accusim CP allowing accusim to do its thing and FSPax to add a bit more of less reliability based on what you set as your failures and rate percentage. 

I've attached the excel file that I created and still tweaking a bit. This is my personal stuff so it might not all make sense.

FSPax career.xlsx

On Monday, January 04, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Kilstorm said:

Yeah I love to use failures via FSPax on planes that are non A2A but dont really fly any of those anymore. Even the Dash 8 Pro has a built in failure system. When I use to fly the carenado planes it was great, I've had bird strikes, oil leaks, fuel leaks, blown tires, frozen gear and electrical issues.  The electrical issues were great because the power would come and go and you couldnt rely on your GPS because it wouldnt stay powered on long enough to see it. 

So yeah you have to stay in the cockpit all the time and scanning your gauges and even on the ground you cant rush things. I do believe that the FSPax failure only affects the failure modules in the sim so it wont fail the Accusim CP allowing accusim to do its thing and FSPax to add a bit more of less reliability based on what you set as your failures and rate percentage. 

I've attached the excel file that I created and still tweaking a bit. This is my personal stuff so it mig

FSPax career.xlsx

Quite a work you did here !

The failure module is not what interests me the most, providing a confortable flight to pax and good airmanship is challenging enough. So far iI put the failure rate at 1% and rely on the aircraft internal modeling, accusim or others to check whether everything is ok.

Archived